Monday, October 22, 2007

The Weekend & October Stamping Classes

Hello! Did everyone have a fantastic weekend? I sure hope so!! We had a really nice weekend. On Saturday we went out of town to do some shopping & have some fun. We went shopping for Halloween costumes for the boys & they both picked out something they really really like! Then we went to the mall and made our way through several stores. After the mall everyone was getting hungry so we went to Olive Garden & enjoyed a wonderful meal. I can't remember what mine was called but it was soooo yummy!! It was a dish of angel hair pasta with mozzarella, fresh tomatoes & basil in a light cream sauce topped with grilled shrimp. Is your mouth watering? LOL!! Like I said Yummy!! After the Olive Garden we made a stop at Michael's. The boys weren't too thrilled--what can I say they are all boy! But they were both really good and I was able to pick up a few things while we were there.

On Sunday we went to church & then out to eat with my Mom & Dad. Our afternoon was kind of laid back, nice & relaxing. Sunday night we went bowling. I haven't been bowling since before I started having all the problems with my arm so I had to bowl with my right arm. It took a little while to get the hang of that--I'm sure it was a sight! LOL! At first I felt like no matter what I did I didn't have any control over the ball. But as the night went on it seemed to get a little better. The boys seem to really enjoy bowling especially Evan, he gets so excited!! My Mom & Dad even came out to the bowling ally for awhile & my Dad came out and bowled with us for one of the games.

I can't believe we are nearing the end of October & soon it will be Halloween!! I just hope that the weather will still be nice at the end of the month!! You just never know in MN!!

I wanted to share with you the cards that we made this month in class. This first card is a fun Halloween card with a twist on the fold. The stamp set that was used for this card is SU Autumn Apparitions, which can be found in the SU Holiday Mini Catalog.The second card is a Reflection card. The Tutorial for this technique can be found Here. I think this was the favorite card for the night!! I know it is one of my favorites!! The stamp sets that were used for this card are SU Wanted & So Many Sayings. This is the first time for inking up the Wanted stamp set & I love it!! I already have several ideas sketched out in my book!!
For the last card a CTMH stamp set was used, Victorian Snowflake. I really love this stamp set, it has such a lacey look.
Thanks so much for stopping by & I hope you have a wonderful week ahead of you!!
Smiles!
Heidi

3 comments:

  1. Heidi, as always, these are awesome, but I really like the "Love" card! Your right, it looks very "lacey."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these!!! Your reflection card is a masterpiece (as usual)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi,

    Love the "Love" card. Very nice :D Keep up the great work. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...