Monday, September 1, 2008

JustRite Stampers Falling 4 U Card

I love this time of year, warm days, cooler nights and there is a crispness in the air. I have a feeling we are going to have an early or a hard winter here in MN...the acorns started falling about a month ago! But I hope that we will have a beautiful Autumn to enjoy before the cold sets in.

Being in the mood for Fall this is a card I made for the JustRite Stampin' Champion Contest. I was trying to think out of the box and come up with an idea that was different from a monogram. With the JustRite Stampers you can design your own stamps to say whatever you would like! Gotta LOVE that!! Just think how many times have you wanted a certain saying for a card that you didn't have? Now the problem can be solved!! For the sentiment I used a border from Special Occasions, Small Letter Set & C-45 Monogram Medium Letters from JustRite Stampers. I stamped everything first using Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink from ClearSnap and then I went back and lined up the Nestability and used the Wizard, Universal Die Cutting & Embossing System from Spellbinders to cut out the Nestabilities. I also cut out a Petite Scallop Circle Nestabilitiy to use for a mat. The designer paper and the ribbon are from Fancy Pants True Collection. I distressed the edges of the paper and used a brown Identi Pen from Sakura to make the little stitch marks around the edge of the paper. To make these beautiful die cut leaves I used the Assorted Leaves (S4-076) die from Spellbinders. Before I took the paper out of the die I used Creamy Brown Chalk Ink from ClearSnap to stencil the die cuts. After I popped them out then I used Pastels from The Stencil Collection to color in the leaves. Doing this really makes the embossing pop! I crumpled up the leaves just a bit to give them some dimension and then adhered them using ZipDry from Beacon. For the base of the card I used Prism cardstock.

This was a fun Fall card to make & great to give to the Special someone in your life! Don't forget to check out the JustRite Stampers Blog for tons for Fantastic Ideas!! Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend & have a Wonderful Labor Day!!

Smiles!
Heidi

1 comment:

  1. Love thet DP looks like the wind blowing those leaves around! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...