Tuesday, November 4, 2008

JustRite Pink & Brown Butterfly Journey

Happy Election Day! I hope you were all able to get out and VOTE!

Sorry I have been MIA for a little while! I have a really fun stamp set from JustRite Stampers and a card to share with you today. Before I get to all the details of the card I have to tell you about this incredible stamp set. The stamp set is called Harmony Classic Circle Stamper III Stamp Ensemble, it comes with 6 Designer Boarders & 6 Designer Centers along with a 3 1/4" Diameter Harmony Stamper. One of my favorite things about the JustRite Stampers is that the borders and centers are ALL interchangeable! Using the borders and center and also the different fonts you have so much flexibility and can custom design the stamps to your own personal likings. Here is a picture of the Harmony Classic Circle Stamper III Stamp Ensemble.
As you can see in the picture above the image of the butterfly has been cut. Here is a close up of the stamp. Guess what!? It's ok to cut off the extra rubber on your stamps! Once in a while you can get an unwanted ink mark from the excess rubber on the stamp but a very quick an easy way to resolve this is to just cut around the image and you will have perfect results. Another thing I would like to mention is if you have some images that aren't getting as crisp of an image as you would like you may need to condition your stamps. Sharon Johnson did a fantastic tutorial to show you how easy and quickly you can condition and cut your stamps. Her tutorial is on SCS and you can find out all of the details by clicking HERE!

Ok on to the card. I LOVE this sentiment and the butterfly image from the Harmony Classic Circle Stamper III Stamp Ensemble! I stamped the border onto pink CS and then I stamped the sentiment and image onto ivory CS. Using the Wizard, Petite Scalloped Circle Die and the Classic Circle Die from Spellbinders I cut and embossed the CS. After I had both of the pieces cut I misted them with Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. On the Pink CS I used Snow Angel and on the ivory CS I used Suede. Once the CS was dry (you can use your heating tool to speed up the process of this) then I colored in the butterfly image using a Spica, pink glitter pen from Copic. I used foam tape on each of the circles to add some dimension to the card. Also I added a few pink rhinestones in between the butterflies on the border.The DP is from the sei 4.5 x 6.5 paper stack, Jolie Chocolat. The paper stack has 48 pages with some really pretty and yummy DP including glitter, foil, patterned and textured paper. The DP had some glitter on it but I also wanted to add some shimmer so I misted the edges with Old Lace and Suede Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angles. Here is another picture showing the Glimmer Mist. It is very shimmery IRL! Since the DP is 4.5 x 6.5 I wanted to be able to get the most visual use out of it. I didn't want to cover too much of it up so I trimmed the paper a little on one side and then cut it in half and mounted it to some chocolate brown CS on the top and bottom. The card base is a dark rose color and the mat is a light pink. All of the CS is from Prism. I also added some rose colored velvet ribbon to cover up the seam between the DP and brown CS and added two decorative brads on each side of the butterfly image and sentiment. To finish off the card I added some light chocolate colored ribbon to the top of the card and tied into a bow. Supplies~
Paper~Prism-CS, sei-Jolie Chocolat paper stack (4.5 x 6.5)
Stamps~JustRite Stampers-Harmony Classic Circle Stamper III Stamp Ensemble
Ink~Ranger-Adirondack Pitch Black
Other~Spellbinders-Wizard, Classic Circle Nestabilities S4 114, Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities S4 115, Copic-Spica Pink Glitter Pen, Tattered Angels-Glimmer Mist Snow Angel, Old Lace, Suede, sei-Ribbon, Joann's-Decorative Brads, Pink Rhinestones, Foam Tape, Beacon-Zip DryThank you so much for stopping but today! Don't forget to check out the JustRite Gallery and the JustRite Blog for tons of inspiration. Hope you are having a Wonderful Week!!

Smiles!
Heidi

2 comments:

  1. really cool heidi! thanks for the close-up on the stamper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. I have this set on my wish list along with a few others. I do have 4 sets already.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...