Friday, February 6, 2009

Crafty Secrets at CHA

Ok I am finally getting around to doing another post, sorry I am running behind and have been MIA! I have been feeling a little under the weather this past week but I am hopeful that this next week will be better. I have a few pictures to share with you from CHA of the Crafty Secrets booth. I took a few pictures on the first day and the booth was really busy so I thought I would take more later and I just never got around to it. So that's kind of a bummer but I do have a few to share.

Here is the first one, this wall was full of soooo many beautiful cards!!

Some of the new products.The birds are a favorite! And a few more projects with birds.Here is a picture from when we all went out for dinner one night. It was really nice to be able to spend some time with (L-->R) Vicki Chrisman, Sandy Redburn (Sandy is the owner of Crafty Secrets), Lisa Zappa, Anna Wight. These ladies are all so wonderful and amazingly talented!!!I also wanted to share this project with you that I took to CHA. The stamps are from the NEW Fairyland Stamp Set from Crafty Secrets. I love this little bird and the nest with eggs! I made the cover for the memo pad using WorldWin cardstock and my Scor Pal. I measured the memo pad and cut the cardstock slightly larger than the memo pad and allowed for some extra on the side for the fold. The designer paper I used for the front cover is from the Pastel Designer Paper Pad from Crafty Secrets and added brads in the two outside corners. Along the side I made a diecut using the NEW Grand 12'' Classic Lace Border (S7-014) from Spellbinders. I inked the edges of the lace diecut with Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then added tiny pearls. I made two diecuts using the NEW Small Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities (S4-201) from Spellbinders. On the larger one I sponged the inside with Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink. For the smaller one I stamped the image of the nest in the lower corner with Tsukineko, Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored the nest and eggs with Copic markers. Then I stamped the image of the bird with the same ink, colored it in with Copics and then cut out the image. I used pop dots on the back of the smaller deckle rectangle and the bird. I also added a few golden rhinestones in the corners on the larger deckled rectangle.Here is a close up of the paper weight. I used one of the dies from the Large Standard Circles Nestabilities (S4-114) to make a diecut for the center of the paperweight. It fit perfectly!! I used all of the same supplies as mentioned above to do the paperweight.

Supplies~
Stamps~
Crafty Secrets-Fairyland
Paper~Crafty Secrets-Pastel Designer Paper Pad, WorldWin
Ink~Tsukineko, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Other~Spellbinders-Wizard Universal Die Cutting and Embossing Tool,
Grand 12'' Classic Lace Border (S7-014), Small Deckled Rectangle Nestabilities (S4-201), Large Standard Circles Nestabilities (S4-114), Copic markers, Brads, Pearls, Rhinestones, Memo Pad, Paperweight

Thanks so much for stopping by today & I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Smiles!
Heidi

6 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could have joined you gals!!! Thanks for sharing the pics! Your projects are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heidi ... thanks for sharing these photos ... looks like an awesome display of EVERYTHING I WANT!! Had I lived closer, I would have popped in and say HI to you all!! Your card/paperweight look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi!
    I hope you are feeling better!
    Your card is beautiful and I love the paper weight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooohhhh
    i love that bird notebook you did! wonderful idea! i think this is my favorite company that you design for! i have a loooong wish list of stuff i want from there based on your creations! and someday i'll be able to get them!!! LOL
    thanks for sharing all the peeks from CHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you girls had so much fun!

    I LOVE that card too. The edging's just so gorgeous too!

    I've given your blog a "kreative blogger" award because I'm always so inspired by what you create. Your unique eye and talent is always a pleasure to behold.

    Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, I really needed to see this stuff! UGH! Just added more things to my wishlist! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...