Monday, April 27, 2009

Spellbinders Demo at Scrapping on the Go!

This past Saturday I spent the morning demoing at our LSS, Scrapping On The Go. Tammy Marti, owner of Scrapping On The Go just started carrying Spellbinders products!! I had a lot of fun showing the ladies many of the fabulous techniques that can be done with the Wizard, Die Cutting and Embossing Tool and all of the Die Templates and the NEW Impressabilities. If you live in Albert Lea or any of the surrounding areas you should stop in at Scrapping On The Go, have a look around at all the fantastic products and say hello to Tammy.

Here's the front cover of a Spellbinders Techniques book that I made for Tammy to be able to have at the store. For the cardstock with the butterflies I used a very pale piece of pink cardstock, Butterfly Impressabilites from Spellbinders and airbrushed using Copic markers. I also added a little sparkle with the Spica glitter pens.
Awhile back I started designing some sample cards for Tammy to have on display at Scrapping On The Go and I have one of them to share with you today. I love the Glitz, Audrey Butterflies designer papers!! Using the Wizard, Die Cutting and Embossing Tool from Spellbinders and the Standard Circles Lg. S4-114, Classic Scalloped Circles Lg. S4-124 die templates I cut and embossed the circle diecuts. I used a rub-on from Pink Paislee to add a sentiment to the classic circle and then I put the diecut back into the die template and inked the inside edges using pink and black ink. A green marker was used to fill in the outline around the sentiment and I added a few tiny rhinestones to the frame.I used the Pierceabilites Fancy Scalloped Butterfly S4-173 die template to make the beautiful border along the bottom of the card. But guess what? I didn't pierce the paper! Instead of doing the piercing I did the Reverse Stencil Technique. If you don't know what the Reverse Stencil Technique is you can click HERE to see a tutorial. I used white cardstock and black ink for the Reverse Stencil and it leaves you with perfect little white dots--no piercing--gotta love that!! (Thanks Kim!! *wink*) Before I removed the diecut from the template I used the die as a stencil and with a cotton ball and some pink and green ink I added color to the butterfly and flourishes. I also added some larger rhinestones for a little bling. In the top corners I also added some pink ribbon with black brads.

Supplies~
Paper~Glitz-Audrey Butterflies, WorldWin-Black, White Cardstock
Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Tuxedo Black, SU-Pink Passion, Green Galore
Other~Spellbinders-Wizard, Standard Circles Lg. S4-114, Classic Scalloped Circles Lg. S4-124, Pierceabilites Fancy Scalloped Butterfly S4-173 die templates Pink Paislee-Rub-on, Ribbon, Black Brads, Cotton Balls, Rhinestones

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic week!!

Smiles!
Heidi

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! A beautiful creation!
    Although we are neighbors, never heard of the LSS. Could you let me know where this is? Would love to take one of your classes in the future!
    hugz
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed having you at my store and I know everyone LOVED your demo! We ALL LOVE seeing your creations of art! Deb was wondering where the store is and if is ok I listed it here for her. The shop is located at 1428 W Main St. in Albert Lea~ across from the Skyline Plaza Mall over by the Albert Lea Seed House.
    Hugs~ Tammy

    Thanks again Heidi and I can hardly wait for whatever YOU come up with next for the store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are FANTASTIC Heidi!! Love the book creation ... what a great idea for the store and your sample card is awesome as always!!! Keep 'em coming my friend ... love all the inspiration you share here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!! That is SO SO SO SO SO gorgeous!!! She is sure lucky to have you around! The reverse stencil technique with the Pierceabilities is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card. I just LOVE the DP you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did several really amazing things here! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is gorgeous! WIsh I lived closer to you......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome As usual Heidi
    ((HUGS))
    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...