Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bouquet of Pansies

Pansies are one of my favorite flowers and that is why I love the stamped image on today's card. The stamped image is a bouquet of pansies from RubberNecker Stamp Company. Not only is the image beautiful but it's a fun one to color! I started out using My Minds Eye designer paper from the Penny Lane Collection for the base of the card. Next I picked out some cardstock from Core'dinations, Black Magic Collection to cut and embossed a mat for the image using the Wizard and the Curved Rectangles S5-006 die template from Spellbinders. Then I sanded the Black Magic cardstock to reveal the purple core color. I also used the Classic Lace Border Grand S7-014 die template with the Core'dinations Black Magic cardstock to make a beautiful lace edge on the side. To pull in the colors from the stamped image I added some deep purple ribbon and some rhinestones. The rhinestones started out clear and I used a Copic marker to color over the top of them and achieve the perfect matching colors. This same technique was also done on the purple rhinestones in the corners. The image was stamped using Tsukiniko, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored using Copic markers. After I colored the image then I carefully cut out the image and I used a craft knife to cut around parts of the image. I place foam tape behind the parts of the image that I had cut giving the image more dimension.

Supplies~
Paper~My Minds Eye-Penny Lane Collection, Core'dinations-Black Magic Collection, Georgia Pacific-White
Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Stamps~RubberNecker Stamp Company-Bold Florals Pansies
Other~Spellbinders-Wizard, Curved Rectangles S5-006, Classic Lace Border Grand S7-014 die templates, Copic-YG00, Y15, Y19, Y13, G03, G24, B00, B21, BG45, B95, BV04, R81, RV11, BV000, V04, V17, 0, Ribbon, Rhinestones, Sanding Block, Foam Tape

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a Wonderful Thursday!!

Smiles!
Heidi

4 comments:

  1. I love the colors you chose for this card:) It turned out so nice !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card!! thank you for visiting my blog. LOL glad you like the pic of jess. she is a ham. Terre is one of the best friends i have ever had and i am so grateful to have her in my life. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Heidi!
    Great card...hmmm..must put Black Magic collection on my list! Love the effects on your card :) Thanks for your help today ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and beautifully done! Thanks for sharing.
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...