Friday, November 27, 2009

JustRite Pretty in Pink Christmas Card

Good Morning! I hope you all had a Wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends and I hope you had your fill of yummy foods!

Today I have a snowman card with non-traditional Christmas colors to share with you. The red and green colors are always pretty but I also like to do the non-traditional Christmas colors and now days it seems that people are using all different color combinations for the holidays. The image/sentiment I used to create this card is from the Old Fashion Christmas Stamp Set from JustRite Stampers. I love the images in this set and I think these two little snowmen are so adorable. I started by stamping the image onto white cardstock and coloring with Copic markers. Then I cut/embossed the image using Standard Circles Lg. S4-114 die templates from Spellbinders™ and applied foam squares to the back. The sentiment was also stamped onto white cardstock and cut/embossed using Petite Scalloped Circles Lg. S4-124 die templates from Spellbinders™. I also added some glitter to the image and around the sentiment. For the card base I used lavender cardstock and ran it through the Wizard™ with the Snowflake Impressabilities I2-1003. Then I inked the entire piece with Almost Amethyst ink from Stampin' Up. I also cut/embossed the frame using the Snowflake Frame S5-017 die template from Spellbinders™. The bright pink paper I used is NEW Post-It Craft Paper from 3M--the same great company that makes the Post-it Notes that we all use and love! Currently the Craft Paper is available in 20 different colors and it has a white core (with the exception of the black). Also the New Craft Paper has an adhesive backing which makes it wonderful for die cutting and embossing! The adhesive is also initially re-positionable and once you have it in place press the paper down firmly for a lasting hold. I sanded the frame to reveal the white core and I also cut/embossed and sanded some little snowflakes to add as embellishments. I added some tiny pink rhinestones and some coarse crystal glitter to the edges of the card.Supplies~
Stamps~JustRite Stampers-Old Fashion Christmas Set, 3-1/4'' Wood Stamper
Paper~3M Post-It Craft Paper-Brights & Pastel, The Paper Company-White, Lavender
Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Rich Cocoa, Stampin' Up-Almost Amethyst
Misc.~Spellbinders™-Snowflake Frame S5-017, Standard Circles Lg. S4-114, Petite Scalloped Circles Lg. S4-124, Snowflake Impressabilities I2-1003, Copic-R29, R81, Rv17, Rv02, BV000, V12, B23, B66, YR04, YR24, E74, YG25, YG63, Taylored Expressions-Tiny Rhinestones, Martha Stewart-Crystal Coarse Glitter, Beacon Adhesives-3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, Diamond Glitter, Sakura-Quickie Glue Pen, 3L-3D Foam Squares

Thank you so much for stopping by today! If you were out and about doing some Black Friday shopping I hope you found some great deals! Also don't forget to check out all of the online deals and give-a-ways from several great companies--click HERE to check out the details! I hope you have a fantastic day!

Smiles!
Heidi

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...