Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day and a Valentine's Card

Happy Valentine's Day!! No matter what you do today I hope your day is filled with LOVE! Here is the Valentine's card I created for my husband. The designer paper is from Webster's Pages, the black/gold cardstock is engraving foil and the ivory cardstock is from The Paper Company. The stamped images and sentiment are from the Cupcake Party stamp set from Crafty Secrets. To create the heart image I sprayed some Red Velvet Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels onto some white cardstock. Once the Glimmer Mist was dry I stamped the heart image using gold pigment ink and then I also embossed it with gold embossing powder and a heat tool. The card has several layers of die cuts creating a wonderful dimensional look. For the base of the card I used Labels Eight S5-019 die template to create the shape card. Then I used the next smaller size of the Labels Eight S5-019 to create a mat for the card. To add the look of flourishes I used two of the die templates from Fancy Tags S4-235. I also used the Deckled Rectangles Large S4-202 to create a frame and a mat for the front of the card. All of the die templates are from Spellbinders™ and I used foam tape in between all of the layers. I also added a little bling to each of the stamped flourishes using tiny clear rhinestones and Gem-Tac from Beacon Adhesives.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a Wonderful Valentine's Day!!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is a stunning card sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi,

    This is yet another gorgeous card. You are so talented! I don't own any Nestabilities, yet. Are you able to you use the labels die cut to make the back and front of the card one piece? If not, how did you join them together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is really gorgeous Heidi! I love all the details, just fabulous as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...