Saturday, March 27, 2010

Birthday Card - Cherry Blossoms & Birds

Hello and Happy Saturday! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Today I have a pretty Spring card to share with you. I made this card for my aunt who will be celebrating her 85th birthday tomorrow! The floral stamped images are from My Garden stamp set from JustRite Stampers. I used the cherry blossom center stamp. I love all of the beautiful floral images in this set! The set includes a cherry blossom, daisy, morning glory and sweet pea and the My Garden stamp set fits the 3-1/4'' Round Stamper. I started by stamping the cherry blossoms twice onto white paper using gold pigment ink and then heat embossing with gold embossing powder. Next I started to watercolor the images using Twinkling H2O's. I started with the flower center using Dreamsicle and Lemongrass.Next I painted all of the blossoms using Blushing Rose. Once all of the blossoms were painted then I added the green using Lemongrass. I also added a little bit of darker green, Green Tea. I am sorry I forgot to take a picture of the darker green but you can see it in the finished piece.Next I cut out the images and then I layered a few of them just to add a little dimension to the card.I cut/embossed a label diecut using the Wizard™ and Labels Four S4-190 die template from Spellbinders™. I left the paper in the die template and used it as a stencil to airbrush with the Copic airbrush system.Next I inked the label with Distress Ink Antique Linen and then I edges both diecuts with a Gelly Roll Metallic Gold Pen from Sakura. To create the oval diecut I used the Wizard™ and Big Scalloped Ovals Large S4-251 die templates from Spellbinders™. The image on the oval diecut is from Crafty Secrets Birds and Blossoms Creative Scraps.Here is another close-up of the cherry blossoms. I also added a couple of accent diecut pieces. To create the accent pieces I used the Wizard™ and Floral Accents S4-199 die templates from Spellbinders™. I inked the accent pieces with Antique Linen ink and then edged them in gold. Here is a close up of the image with the birds and the nest. I added a little sparkle to the birds and the flowers using a Gelly Roll Clear Star Pen from Sakura. I tried to pick up some of the sparkle in the picture.Supplies~
Stamps~JustRite Stamper-My Garden, 3-1/4'' Round Stamper
Paper~The Paper Company-White; Daisy Bucket-Shabby Green Door Songbird
Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger-Distress Ink Antique Linen; Clearsnap-ColorBox Gold Pigment Ink
Other~Spellbinders™-Wizard™, Big Scalloped Ovals Large S4-251 Die #3, Labels Four S4-190 Die #5, Floral Accents S4-199; Crafty Secrets-Birds and Blossoms Creative Scraps; Copic-Airbrush System, B21; Twinkling H2O's-Dreamsicle, Lemongrass, Blushing Rose, Green Tea; Joann's-Gold Embossing Powder, Blue Rhinestones; Sakura-Gelly Roll Metallic Gold Pen, Gelly Roll Clear Star Pen; Beacon Adhesives-Gem-Tac; 3M Scotch-Foam Mounting Tape; Heating Tool

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you are having a Fantastic weekend!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

12 comments:

  1. Wow - everything about this is absolutely stunning! I never think of combining different Spellbinders like you did on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Heidi! This is just beautiful!! SAKURA/Cherry Blossoms are my FAV...reminds me of Japan in the Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I love is the combination of the airbrushed blue on the larger spellbinder label with the distress ink and gold pen. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Heidi, this is breath taking! Absolutely stunning!
    Every detail is just awesome. The way you did the Cherry Blossoms just makes them look almost real. I love it!!!!

    Great job!!!!!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, WOW!!! is what I said when I saw this card. Beautiful! Great job! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi, you are so creative, I don't know what I enjoy more - the eye candy from your beautiful designs, or reading about how you did each step. I simply love this card. And happy birthday to your Aunt! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply beautiful and what great ideas...I love birds and with the cherry blossums in Washington,D.C. this week this is so appropriate...I am a fan of your work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love what you did on this card. You did so many wonderful details. It is absolutely beautiful. I was just introduced to your blog during the 3 day blog hop and I feel I have found a real treasure. Thank you for such wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, this is just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is way beyond gorgeous, just stunning!!! I made some cards but don't see anything to link them to on the crafty secrets blog? Maybe this was just a challenge for the DT?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...