Monday, March 22, 2010

Crafty Secrets - Greetings from Wonderland - Exciting News to Share

Today I am sharing a card with you that I created using the NEW Greetings from Wonderland stamp set from Crafty Secrets. This is my first Alice in Wonderland card! I love the stamp set but I wasn't sure what color tones to use for coloring. Ok, now don't laugh--but I have never seen the movie Alice in Wonderland--the Original or the Walt Disney! Crazy I know! I must be one of the few--LOL! So because of that I didn't really have any idea what colors would be good to use. Since the stamp set Greetings from Wonderland contains the vintage images I wanted them to look like the images from the original illustrator. I have to give a big shout out to my aunt Gail--Thank You so much for the name of the original illustrator, John Tenniel!!! I googled him and found several wonderful color images. Here is the card I created using Greetings from Wonderland and the Flourishes stamp sets from Crafty Secrets. I also have a tutorial for you on how I colored Alice with my Copic markers. I stamped the image of Alice with brown ink onto white cardstock and started with coloring her dress using YR000 and E53.I added the red trim with R17.For the crown I used three Copic markers, YR000, E53 and YR21.To add the shades of blue into her dress I used BG10 and B00 and I also used the colorless blender pen. For her skin tones I used E0000 and E000 and for her cheeks I used R20. For her lips and eyes I used R81 and B00.For her hair I used several colors, Y00, Y19, Y38, YR21 and YR24. Also for her shoes I used 100 (Black).Here is a close-up so you can see more of the details. Do you see all the added sparkle? To add all the sparkle I used a Clear Star Gelly Roll Glitter Pen from Sakura. To achieve the softer look for the sparkle I tapped and moved my finger around on the glitter lines before they were dry. My finger picked up the glitter and softens the look at the same time. Here is a close-up of the rabbit. Here is a close-up of all the images. After I had all of the images colored I made a diecut using the Wizard™ and Labels Eight S5-019 die template from Spellbinders™. For shading in the background I used several Distress Inks (listed below).These are all of the Copic markers used to color the images.To embellish the black I stamped a flourish image from the Flourishes stamp set from Crafty Secrets in silver and then I embellished it with rhinestones. I also added some red sheer ribbon with a button and bow.

Supplies~
Stamps~Crafty Secrets-Greetings From Wonderland, Flourishes
Paper~Neenah Solar White; The Paper Company-Black, Red, Espresso Glimmer
Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Rich Cocoa, Encore Silver; Ranger-Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Spiced Marmalade
Other~Spellbinders™-Wizard™, Labels Eight S5-019 Die #6; Copic Markers as shown in the picture; My Mind's Eye-Lush Black Rhinestones; Sakura-Clear Star Gelly Roll Glitter Pen, Joann's-Red Ribbon, Red Rhinestones, Button; Beacon Adhesives-Fabri-Tac, Gem-Tac

On a more personal note I have some very exciting news to share!! Back in February I was published in the Crafts Beautiful Magazine in the UK!!! I had three pieces of art that were published in this issue, two cards and a necklace. Each piece was made using the Spellbinders™ Pendants.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you are off to a fantastic week!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

4 comments:

  1. Wow the colors are great:)
    Congratulations on your Pubs that is exciting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Wonderland card and congrats on being published.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Alice in Wonderland! The colors are just perfect! And a big WOOHOO for the pub! Your projects are amazing! You Rock, HFB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, so you can say you are an International artist! That is pretty awesome, your family must be proud. I love your Alice card and thank goodness for the internet, he he. Thanks for sharing, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...