Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crafty Secrets - Happy St. Patrick's Day Card

Funny how time just sneaks up on you--I can't believe it will be St. Patrick's Day next week! I thought I better get a few cards done before that day is here so that is what I have been working on the past couple of days. Get ready to see some Green! And no it's not $$--LOL! Here is the first St. Patrick's Day card that I created. I love all of these beautiful shades of green together. Almost all of the products used on this card are from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.The first thing I started working on was the shamrock. Using Rich Cocoa ink I stamped the heart image from Cupcake Party from Crafty Secrets, four times. Then I colored each of the hearts with Copic markers. This wasn't one of those times where everything was nice and neat because I knew I was going to be cutting out the hearts. I colored the entire heart with Copic marker G40 Dim Green.For the next layer of color I used Copic marker G24 Willow. As I was going I was also blending the colors.For the third layer of color I used Copic marker G28 Ocean Green. Then I came back in with the G24 & G40 Copic markers to blend the colors.After the coloring was done I cut out each heart.I wanted to add some dimension to the hearts so I rubbed the backside of the hearts in a circular motion using the end of my piercing tool. As you do this the paper will start to curl. Here is a close up of the finished shamrock. I used a few pieces of foam mounting tape under each of the hearts and then I added some gold cord and a button in the center. Here is a close up of the beautiful vintage image. The image is from the Seasonal Images & Journal Notebook from Crafty Secrets. The designer paper is from the Pastel Paper Pad from Crafty Secrets and the flourish stamp is from the Cupcake Party Stamp set from Crafty Secrets. The flourishes were stamped with gold pigment ink and then heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I also added a rhinestone to each flourish.I inked the edges of the designer paper and then I added some green trim.

Supplies~
Stamps~Crafty Secrets-Cupcake Party

Paper~Crafty Secrets-Pastel Paper Pad; The Paper Company-Pale Yellow, White

Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger-Peeled Paint Distress Ink; ClearSnap-ColorBox Gold Pigment Ink; SU-Garden Green

Other~Copic Markers-G40, G24, G28; Crafty Secrets-Seasonal Images & Journal Notebook; Webster's Pages-Green Trim; Joann's-Rhinestones; Beacon Adhesives-Fabri-Tac, Gem-Tac; 3M-Foam Mounting Tape

My Stash~Button, Gold Cord, Gold Embossing Powder

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Check out the Crafty Secrets Blog for a FREE St. Patrick's Day image that you can download. I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

12 comments:

  1. HFB..you have done it again....simply beautiful, I hope you never get tired of hearing what a fab designer you truly are...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning!!! Gorgeous details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you for the tutorial and for sharing your beautiful card! That is pretty enough to frame!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and a great tutorial! I tried the flower and it came out wonderfully. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty - great idea!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazingly beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing your secrets to make that flower pop...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is SO gorgeous, Heidi!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just BEAUTIFUL Heidi! Thanks so much for step-by-step on the shamrock! Great idea and wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Send your good taste to celebration by delivering our mouthwatering cakes to Dehradun and exotic flowers to Dehradun and leave a cherished memory with them. Add zing to the special occasions of your acquaintances in Dehradun by sending our fantastic flowers and tasty cakes.

    Please visit:
    www.dehradunfloristshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is truly amazing. I love the tutorial on using the copic markers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...