Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Crafty Secrets - Love & Roses

Hello! Sorry it's been a couple of days since my last post, there's always a lot of stuff going on at the end of the month. I was looking through some of my folders for cards when I came across this card & I realized I hadn't posted it yet. I made this card for Valentine's and gave it to my mom & dad. Even though I made it for Valentine's I think you could use a card like this for several occasions--wedding, anniversary or a birthday for that special someone. To spell out the word LOVE I used stickers from the Valentine Love Heartwarming Sticker Sheet from Crafty Secrets. I started by cutting/embossing four rectangles using the Wizard™ and Long Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large S4-143 die templates from Spellbinders™ and inked the edges with brown ink. Then I cut/embossed for of the tags using the Wizard™ and Fancy Tags S4-235 die templates from Spellbinders™. After I had all of the pieces die cut then I layered them using foam mounting tape. Here is another picture so you can see the added dimension from layering the pieces. I also added Sparkling Snow Glitter around the stickers and the rectangles and rhinestones to each piece. On the pink tags I added Shell Pink Glitter. For that background on the card base I randomly stamped a flourish from the Cupcake Party stamp set from Crafty Secrets with brown ink and inked the edges of the card. The frame behind the flowers is a font frame from Tattered Angles. I misted the frame with Crushed Shells Glimmer Mist. Once the frame was dry I added brown ink to the top and sides. For the inside of the frame I added roses and I added glitter to the roses for a little added sparkle. I also added a pink ribbon, a bow and some rhinestones along the side of the card.Here is a picture from the top of the roses.

Supplies~
Paper~The Paper Company-White, Pink, Ivory
Stamps~Crafty Secrets-Cupcake Party (Flourish)
Ink~Ranger-Antique Linen Distress Ink
Other~Crafty Secrets-Valentine Love Heartwarming Sticker Sheet (letters for LOVE), Spellbinders-Wizard™, Fancy Tags S4-235, Long Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large S4-143, Tattered Angles-Font Frame, Crushed Shells Glimmer Mist, Prima-Roses, Sparkle-N-Sprinkle-Sparkling Snow, Shell Pink Glitter, Martha Stewart-Twig Punch,
From My Stash-Pink Ribbon, Rhinestones

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you are having a wonderful week!! Don't forget to check out the other Design Team Members from Crafty Secrets--I have the links to their blogs in my side bar. Also check out the Crafty Secrets Blog for more creative inspiration.

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

14 comments:

  1. Love !! That sum up how really cool this card is. The flowers make it for me :) Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this card is gorgeous! It is so elegant and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOH, MY GOODNESS!!! Heidi, your card is simply STUNNING!!! I agree COMPLETELY that it would be a BREATHTAKING wedding card!!

    I'm trying not to gush all over myself, here, but must say that this card should be PUBLISHED!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, What a beautiful card...hmmm do those roses look familiar? You did a beautiful job as usual my friend!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Heidi. Sure glad you found it to post because it is absolutely stunning. Thanks!
    "Hugs" Granny

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the most gorgeous cards I've ever seen anywhere! Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your cards! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us! I'm inspired every time I see your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo pretty! It is simply beautiful!!!!!!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is truly a work of art.....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...