Monday, March 29, 2010

Crafty Secrets Design Team Spring Fling Challenge

Good morning! I hope you all had a Wonderful weekend!! Today is Crafty Secrets Challenge Day. Our Design Team Coordinator, Vicki Chrisman gave us a challenge this month to create a card or project with a Spring or Easter theme. I created an Easter Card for the challenge and I can't wait to see what the other ladies on the Crafty Secrets Design Team have created! I will have a link list at the bottom of this post so you can visit each of the blogs.Here is the card I created. I absolutely love the Angel image!! It is so Beautiful and perfect for Easter. I started with the base of the card, the designer paper is from the Crafty Secrets Classic Paper Pad and I stamped flourishes on it using gold ink and gold embossing powder. The flourish stamp is from the Crafty Secrets Cherubs stamp set. The flowers that I added are actually stickers from the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Stickers Greetings & Sentiments sticker sheet. I used a Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star glitter pen to add some sparkle to the floral images. I wanted to add some dimension to the sticker but before doing so I needed to remove the stickiness from the backside. I used a paintbrush to dust over the stickers with baby powder. Doing this will take away to stickiness and then I added foam mounting tape to the backside. The image of the angel is from the Crafty Secrets Seasonal Images & Journal Notes booklet and I added some sparkle to the angel using the Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star glitter pen. To diecut the angel image and the background mat I used the Wizard™ and Labels Four S4-190 die templates from Spellbinders™.I made this diecut cross for an embellishment on the card. To create the cross I used the Wizard™ and the Cross Collection S4-265 die templates from Spellbinders™. I also used Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star glitter pen & Metallic Gold pen to accent and add sparkle to the cross. For a finishing touch I added a few rhinestones from My Mind's Eye and lavender ribbon. Supplies~
Stamps~Crafty Secrets-Cherubs (flourish)
Paper~Crafty Secrets-Classic Paper Pad; The Paper Company-White, Blue
Ink~ClearSnap-ColorBox Gold Pigment Ink
Other~Crafty Secrets-Seasonal Images & Journal Notes (Angel), Heartwarming Vintage Stickers Greetings & Sentiments; Spellbinders™-Wizard™, Labels Four S4-190, Cross Collection S4-265; My Mind's Eye-Lush Brown Rhinestones; Sakura-Gelly Roll Clear Star & Metallic Gold; Joann's-Lavender Sheer Ribbon, Gold Embossing Powder; 3M-Mounting Tape; Heating Tool

Please be sure to visit each of the Crafty Secrets Design Team Members and see what they created! Here is a link list to each of the blogs.


Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a Marvelous Monday!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

17 comments:

  1. Heidi this is just stunning I thought at first it was a canvas. What an incredible card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Heidi, love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a breathtaking card!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey friend. So gorgeous. The techniques are a.ma.zing!!! I'm speachless...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Heidi!! Love everything about it! Great tips also! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-ee, this is lovely!
    That bit of sparkle really adds to that ethereal feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Heidi your card is so pretty. I just love that Angel. Gotta get myself that new Seasonal Booklet with the new additions. Thanks for giving us so much inspiration with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Heidi :)
    Linda Duke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow !! another work of art :)
    Great detail it just flows!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesomely beautiful card!

    Smiles~
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. While the card is amazing, your tutorial of how to create like cards is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your artwork with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally awesome! Great images and embellishments make it totally AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breathtakingly Beautiful! Wonderful job! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, Heidi!! I love that angel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just STUNNING!! Thanks for all the little helpful hints!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...