Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Heartfelt Creations - Easter Greetings

Easter will be here before we know it so I thought I better get a little bit of a jump start on some Easter cards. For today's card I used a stamped image called Redeemed and the Easter Greetings sentiment is from Mini Message Cursive Set 1189S from Heartfelt Creations.I started by stamping the Redeemed image onto white cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink from Tsukineko and then I colored the image with Copic markers. I just love this image! After I did most of the coloring with the markers then I stamped the image on a scrap piece of paper and cut it out to use as a mask for the image and then I airbrushed with the Copic markers. These are all of the Copic markers I used on the image.For the next step I wanted to have a nice crisp brown edge around the label shaped die cut so before cutting/embossing I inked the inside of the Labels One S4-161 die template from Spellbinders with ColorBox Chalk Ink Chestnut Roan from ClearSnap. Doing this technique is called a Reverse Stencil. After I made the diecut then I added some Flower Soft to the grass on the image. I made my own mixture of Shamrock Green and Christmas Green that I think works great for grass.Next I created a border for the bottom of the card using Lotus Border Petites S4-240 die template from Spellbinders™. After I cut/embossed the paper I edged the diecuts in gold using a Gelly Roll Metallic Gold Pen from Sakura and then I used some foam mounting tape to layer some of the dropout pieces from the border and added rhinestones.I also created a beautiful cross embellishment for my card using the Cross Collection S4-265 and Petite Scalloped Circles Large S4-115 die templates from Spellbinders™. I started with white cardstock and used Cosmic Copper Ink to do a Reverse Stencil and then cut/embossed the paper. Then I used not-smear pastels over the entire piece and then popped it back into the die template and used the template as a stencil and inked over the top. I also added some rhinestones using Gem-Tac from Beacon Adhesives.Here's a couple more pictures.Once I had all of the pieces ready to go then I assembled it as shown. I started with the border and then I stamped the sentiment Easter Greetings from the Mini Message Cursive Set 1189S.

Supplies~
Stamps~Heartfelt Creations- Redeemed HC 370G, Mini Message Cursive Set 1189S

Paper~Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; The Paper Company-Blue, Brown

Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Rich Cocoa, Brilliance Cosmic Copper; ClearSnap-ColorBox Chalk Ink Chestnut Roan; Ranger-Distress Ink Broken China

Other~Spellbinders-Wizard™, Labels One S4-161, Petite Scalloped Circles Large S4-115, Lotus Border Petites S4-240, Cross Collection S4-265; Copic-Airbrush System, Markers as shown in picture; Flower Soft-Glue, Shamrock Green, Christmas Green; Sakura-Gelly Roll Metallic Gold Pen; Joann's-Rhinestones; Beacon Adhesives-Gem-Tac; 3M-Scotch Foam Tape; The Stencil Collection-Non Smear Pastels

It's kind of a gloomy rainy day here in MN but the rain is melting the snow!! I have Spring Fever so bad but I'm trying not to get my hopes up because just when we think the Winter is over here in MN BAM we get nailed again with snow!! LOL! Don't forget to check out the Heartfelt Creations Website to see all of the beautiful stamps and also the Heartfelt Creations Blog for inspiration! I have a link list for all of the Heartfelt Creation Design Team Members on my sidebar. Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you make it a good one!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

5 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!! You've done it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your card is so beautiful! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. vey, very,very BEAUTYFuLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    anneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your card is absolutely stunning! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, what a masterpiece, Heidi!! Wow, wow, wow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...