Saturday, March 20, 2010

Just For Fun® Friday Color Challenge #3

Hello! Yesterday was the Just For Fun® Friday Color Challenge. I wasn't able to post yesterday so I am sharing my card with you today. At the bottom of my post is a link list to all of the Just For Fun® Friday Color Challenge Design Team Members and the JFF Blog. We would love for you to join in the fun and play along with the color challenge. You can click HERE to post a link to your card.The Color Challenge for this week was to use Black, Cream and a Color of Choice. For my extra added splash of color I picked Green. Here is the card that I designed for the challenge.I started with the flower image from Just For Fun® Rubber Stamps and stamped it three times with black ink onto cream cardstock and then I airbrushed it with Copic markers using G24 Willow, YG13 Chartreuse. Then I lightly sprayed some Honey Dew Mist Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels on the flowers. Once the glimmer Mist was dry then I cut out the flowers and shaped them. Next I made a rectangle and a tag diecut using the Wizard™ and Deckled Rectangles Large S4-202 Die #4, Fancy Tags S4-235 die templates from Spellbinders™. I used cream cardstock for both diecuts, on the rectangle I used Copic marker 100 Black and on the tag I used G24 Willow to airbrush. I also stamped the sentiment, Just a Note on the tag with black ink. The sentiment is from Just For Fun® Rubber Stamps. To attach the tag I used some ivory ribbon and for a little bling I added Black Rhinestones. The Black Rhinestones are from the Lush Line from My Mind's Eye.Next I worked on the background paper. The black and cream paper is from My Mind's Eye Lush Black Floral Paper line. I love all of the papers in the Lush line! I wanted to change it up a bit so I used my Copic markers to add in the greens and then I misted the entire piece with Honey Dew Mist Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. I know a lot of people use the designer paper just as is but I love it when I can alter it up a bit and put my own spin on it. Don't be afraid to play with your designer papers! Supplies~
Stamps~Just For Fun® Rubber Stamps-Flower, Sentiment
Paper~My Mind's Eye-Lush Black Floral Paper; The Paper Company-Black, Cream
Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Tuxedo Black
Other~Spellbinders™-Wizard™, Deckled Rectangles Large S4-202 Die #4, Fancy Tags S4-235; Copic-Airbrush System, 100 Black, G24 Willow, YG13 Chartreuse; Tattered Angels-Glimmer Mist Honey Dew Mist; My Mind's Eye-Lush Rhinestones Black; Joann's-Ivory Ribbon; Beacon Adhesives-Fabri-Tac; 3M-Foam Mounting Tape

Please be sure to visit each of Just For Fun® Design Team Members and see what they created for the color challenge this week.

Broni Holcombe

Heidi Blankenship

Kat Tucker

Linda Duke

Sandy Sandrus

Starla Nelson

Terre Fry

JFF Blog


Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

7 comments:

  1. It's definitely COOL that we both used green...and the same shade of green! Love your design and how you colored the background paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful...Love those blooming flowers and great use of the fancy tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi I really love this! Just Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out GORGEOUS....between you and Broni, I'm thinking green could be added as a favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I really like the colors you used your design came out awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love how you colored the background paper to match!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always appreciate copic color tips. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...