Friday, March 5, 2010

Just For Fun Fridays Color Challenge - Pink, Green & Brown

Good morning!! There are some exciting things happening with Just For Fun® this week. First, we would like to announce and welcome a new designer to the team . . . Kat Tucker! Kat is so talented and her work is so inspiring . . . . I can’t wait to see what she designs for Just For Fun®.

Another thing we are excited about is the launch of the new Just For Fun® Blog! You’ll be able to find albums for all the designers on the right hand side where you can view all their designs in one place. You’ll want to check out the new Designer page where you can read more about your favorite designers and get to know them better.

Saving the best for last . . . . we are announcing a new weekly color challenge . . . Just For Fun® Fridays. Each Friday there will be a new color challenge posted on the Just For Fun® Blog and samples will be posted on each Designer’s blog. We are inviting you to play along with us and want to see your work! There will be a Mr. Linky at the end of each Friday’s post for you to
link to your own card.

This week I challenged the team to use Pink, Green and Brown and here are links to all the designers and their projects:

Just For Fun® Blog

Broni Holcombe

Heidi Blankenship(you are here!)

Kat Tucker

Linda Duke

Sandy Sandrus

Sherry Cheever

Starla Nelson

Terre Fry

Make sure you visit the Just For Fun® Blog and leave us a link to your own project!


Here is the card I created for this weeks color challenge.

Sherry challenged us to use Pink, Green & Brown. I started out with a piece of K & Company designer paper for my background and it works perfectly for this challenge because it has all three colors! All of the stamp images are from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps®. I randomly stamped the script over the designer paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink from Tsukineko.

Next I created the flower. I stamped the image twice and used a Copic marker (R81) for the base and then I added Pixie Pink ink to the center of the flowers and then I cut out the images. I shaped the images and then used foam mounting tape to layer the flowers and add dimension. For the center of the flower I added FlowerSoft, Pearls and a Olive Green Glaze Pen. I also punched a few twig shapes to add around the flower.

For the Friends sentiment I made a die cut using the Labels Eleven S4-246 die templates from Spellbinders™ and stamped the sentiment with brown ink, inked the edges and added some pearls. I also stamped a butterfly image, cut it out, inked it with green ink and then added stickles. I assembled the card as shown and then I added a pink ribbon and bow.
Supplies~

Stamps~Just For Fun Rubber Stamps®-Friends Sentiment, Butterfly, Flower

Paper~K & Company-Brenda Walton Designer Paper Pad Madeline; The Paper Company-White, Brown

Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint; SU-Pixie Pink

Other~Spellbinders™-Wizard™, Labels Eleven S4-246; Copic Marker-R81 Rose Pink; Martha Stewart-Twig Punch; FlowerSoft-Glue, Shamrock, Ivory; Ranger-Stickles Lime Green; Joann's-Pink Ribbon, Pearls; Beacon Adhesives-Gem-Tac, Fabri-Tac; Sakura-Glaze Olive Green Pen; 3M Scotch-Foam Mounting Tape

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I can't believe it already Friday--I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

10 comments:

  1. Hey HFB!! Love that designer paper!! Its a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! What a interesting color combo and you ROCKED IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Heidi! I really love your beautiful flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi Loo, Love this card, you really did a beautiful job, thanks for sharing with us. Hugs Terre

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Heidi!! I love this. Your flower is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the stamp layering you did Heidi! Really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so pretty and the colors are perfect! The whole card calls out SPRING!!!!!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. Those are some of my favorite colors! Thank you so much for sharing
    God Bless
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...