Tuesday, March 16, 2010

JustRite - Favorite Occasions - Luck of the Irish

Good morning! Today I have a tutorial on how to make a decorative pin or embellishment using a large bottle cap and a 1-5/8'' Round Stamp from JustRite. The pin I made is for St. Patrick's Day but there are so many of the 1-5/8'' Round Stamps from JustRite that would work perfectly for this. For the St. Patrick's Day pin I used a stamp from the Favorite Occasions Borders & Centers stamp set along with the 1-5/8'' Round Stamper. I started by stamping the image onto white cardstock and coloring in with Copic markers. I wanted to add a little sparkle so I used a Gold Spica Glitter Pen on the horseshoe. Next I used die template #3 from the Standard Circles Small S4-116 die template from Spellbinders™to make the perfect size diecut to fit inside the bottle cap. Here is a little tip/trick that Karen Hunsaker one of my fellow DT members from Spellbinders came up with for lining up the JustRite stamps perfectly when you need a really close cut. Take a piece of scrap paper and cut out the circle using the die template that you want to use on your project.Use the piece of scrap paper and line it up with the stamped image. Doing this allows you to see exactly were the diecut lines will be made. Once you have it in place use removable adhesive to tape it down. Next place your die template with the cut side down (ridges) on top of the scrap paper and slowly move it around until it catches. The ridges of the die template will catch in the scrap paper and then tape it in place. After you have your diecut done then you will need to flatten the bottle cap. I used the Wizard™ and the mats from the Charm Embossing Kit from Spellbinders™ to flatten the bottle cap. The bottle caps will come out perfectly every time! I used a Copic marker and the airbrush system from Copic to airbrush the bottle cap in a wonderful green color for St. Patrick's Day.I used a little bit of Mod Podge to adhere the diecut and then I did a light coat over the diecut to seal it. Once the Mod Podge was dry then I added Glossy Accents from Ranger over the top of the entire center and set it aside to dry. If you haven't ever used glossy accents it is cloudy when you first apply it and then it dries clear.For a finishing touch I sprayed Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist over the entire piece and carefully wiped it off of the image. You can see the gold from the Glimmer Mist on the bottle cap. This makes a great embellishment or you can add a pin back or a magnet to the bottle cap.

Supplies~
Stamps~JustRite-Favorite Occasions Borders & Centers, 1-5/8'' Round Stamper
Paper~The Paper Company-White
Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Other~Spellbinders™-Wizard™, Standard Circles Small S4-116 Die #3, Charm Embossing Kit; Copic-E31, E15, G24, G28, G40, Spica Glitter Pen Gold, Airbrush System; Plaid-Mod Podge-Matte Mat; Ranger-Glossy Accents; Maya Roads-Bottle Cap; Tattered Angels-Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist; Pin Back

Be sure to check out the JustRite Website for the March Madness Sale--20% OFF All 1-5/8'' Products!!

This past weekend I was demoing at a Scrapping Event for Scrapping On The Go and it was so much fun!! I want to thank Tammy for inviting me to the Scrapping Event and having me demo! I also want to thank all of the wonderful ladies that came to the demo! It was a full house!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

3 comments:

  1. Very cool!! I wish I could barrow your brain for like a half a day LOL:) Very clever what you did wuth the MOD PODGE. I love the stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Where do you come up with all your original ideas?! I just love the bottle cap...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally my internet is working again!!!! Thank YOU Heidi for coming to my Scrap Event and putting on such a Wonderful Demo! I am looking forward to having you at the next event in October!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...