Tuesday, March 30, 2010

JustRite Stampers - My Garden - Morning Glories & Glimmer Mist

Hello! How is your week going? Mine is good, just busy. It's the end of the month so that means working on lots of projects. Today I created another quick card to share with you.I started by creating the background. I used a piece of white cardstock and two colors of Glimmer Mist, Timeless Lilac and Caribbean Blue from Tattered Angels. After the background piece was dry (you can use a heat tool to speed up the drying time) then I stamped the image of the morning glories down the left side with gold ink and then heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The morning glories are from the My Garden stamp set from JustRite Stampers. This set includes 4 Beautiful Floral Centers and 4 Interchangeable Borders and works with the 3-1/4'' Round Stamper. I stamped the center and border three times with gold ink and then heat embossed with a heat tool and gold embossing powder. For the first piece I cut/embossed the largest circle piece using Standard Circles Small S4-116 Die #7. To cut/emboss the center piece I used the Standard Circles Large S4-114 Die #4 from Spellbinders™. For the third piece I colored the morning glories with Glimmer Mist Honey Dew Mist and Timeless Lilac Glimmer Mist and then I cut out some of the flowers and leaves and layered then with foam tape. I added a ribbon and a little bling to match the card. Now I know this isn't a 5 minute card but it did come together pretty quickly and as far as painting with the glimmer mist it was very quick and simple--nothing too detailed.

Supplies~
Stamps~JustRite Stampers-My Garden, 3-1/4'' Round Stamper
Paper~The Paper Company-White, Lavender
Ink~ClearSnap-ColorBox Gold Pigment Ink
Other~Spellbinders™-Wizard™, Standard Circles Large S4-114 Die #4, Standard Circles Small S4-116 Die #7; Tattered Angels-Honey Dew Mist, Timeless Lilac, Caribbean Blue Glimmer Mist; Joann's-Gold Embossing Powder, Rhinestones, Ribbon; Beacon Adhesive-Gem-Tac, 3M-Scotch Foam Mounting Tape; Heating Tool, Paint Brush

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a Wonderful Day!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I have a few JustRite stamps and you make me want to dig them out and get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful card. I never thought to use Glimmer Mists in this way. I can't wait to try this technique! I also love the way you stamp and heat emboss first before coloring. Fantastic look. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I love those soft spring colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...