Monday, March 8, 2010

JustRite Stampers - Thinking of You Stamp Set - Peace and Comfort

Good Morning! This past week a friend's mother pasted away and then a family friend's dad passed away so I was in need of some sympathy cards. I don't know why but I never seem to have them on hand. I guess part of it is that I would rather make cards for a happier occasion and sometimes it can be hard to make sympathy cards. I am going to share one of the cards with you today and the other one will be a little later this week.

The first card is the one I made for my friend Tracy, her mom passed away this last week. Tracy if you see this please know that you and Tammy and all of your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I love papers and the soft Spring colors of this card. The base of the card is a pale yellow cardstock and the designer paper is from K & Company (thanks Debbie! *wink). The sentiment I used for the card is from the Thinking of You Borders & Centers from JustRite Stampers. This stamp set includes 6 Designer Centers and 6 Interchangeable Borders and fits the 2-1/4'' x 3-1/16'' Oval Stamper. This set contains 5 sentiments. I stamped the image and sentiment onto white cardstock with brown ink and colored in with Copics. Then I used the Classic Ovals Large S4-110 die template with the Wizard™ from Spellbinders™ and cut/embossed the oval. I left the cardstock in the die template and used it as a stencil to airbrush through. I also used the Deckled Edge Classic Ovals S4-259, Labels Thirteen S4-248, Fancy Tags S4-235 die templates from Spellbinders™ to make diecuts and each piece was airbrushed. I assembles the card as shown and I layered all of the diecuts with foam squares. For a finishing touch I added some ribbon and lace trim. I used Fabri-Tac from Beacon Adhesives to adhere the ribbon and trim to the card.

Supplies~
Stamps~JustRite Stampers-Thinking of You Borders & Centers, 2-1/4'' x 3-1/16'' Oval Stamper
Paper~The Paper Company-White, Pale Yellow; K & Company Brenda Walton Madeline
Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Rich Cocoa
Other~Spellbinders™-Wizard™, Classic Ovals Large S4-110, Deckled Edge Classic Ovals S4-259, Labels Thirteen S4-248, Fancy Tags S4-235 die templates; Copic-Airbrush System, YR21, YG13, R85, RV02; Joann's-Pink Ribbon; Webster's Pages-Green Lace Trim; Queen & Co.-Pearls; Beacon Adhesives-Fabri-Tac; Foam Squares

It's the beginning of another week--I hope you make it a good one! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

7 comments:

  1. Just amazing Heidi. Sympathy cards ARE difficult to create, but yours is perfect. I've been thinking about you lately. How've you been?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Heidi!! What a gorgeous card
    I just love the layering and the colors are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome! I knew those papers where "YOU"!! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply elegant! You rock these kind of cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi, this is a beautiful card. I love all the layers and the different dies you used. Great colors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Heidi. I love all the layers and the airbrushing is such a nice, elegant and subtle touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...