Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spellbinder and Crafty Secrets Vintage Easter Wishes

Hello and Good Afternoon! Today I have a couple of Easter cards to share with you. Both of these cards were gallery projects for Spellbinders™. Also there is no stamping on either of the cards! Instead of stamping I used beautiful vintage images from the Easter Creative Scraps from Crafty Secrets.Here is the first card I created. I started by creating a border for the bottom of the card using the Wizard™ and Easter Border Petites S4-237 die template from Spellbinders™. After I cut/embossed the border I left the die template in place and used as a stencil to ink through the paper and then I added a light yellow panel to the backside and some glitter to the front of the border. The vintage image is from Easter Creative Scraps from Crafty Secrets. I added some baby blue Flower Soft and glitter to the image. Then I diecut the tags using Fancy Tags-S4-235 die templates and the Wizard™ from Spellbinders™. I also added a little more glitter to the tags and a couple of pearls. To adhere the glitter I used the Quickie Glue Pen from Sakura. The Quickie Glue Pen is fantastic for fine line detail when added glitter.

Supplies~
Paper~The Paper Company-White; WorldWin-Autumn Hay, Juniper Berry
Ink~SU-Barely Banana
Other~Spellbinders™-Wizard™, Easter Border Petites S4-237, Fancy Tags-S4-235 die templates; Crafty Secrets-Easter Creative Scraps; Flower Soft-Glue, Baby Blue; Sparkle-N-Sprinkle-Sparkling Snow Glitter; Sakura-Quickie Glue Pen; Melissa Frances-White Pearls; Beacon Adhesives-Gem-Tac; 3M-Scotch Foam Mounting Tape; Joann's-Light Blue Ribbon

Here is the second card. I started by making a decorative border for the bottom of the card. I used the Wizard™ and Easter Borders Petites S4-237 and cut/embossed a border in each of the colors shown. This is how I was able to get all the different colors in the border. I applied the white border to the bottom of the card and added all the different colored drop out pieces from the other borders and then added so glitter. The image is from the Easter Creative Scraps from Crafty Secrets. I cut out the image and added glitter and then I layered it onto two diecuts. To adhere the glitter I used the Quickie Glue Pen from Sakura. The oval diecuts were made using the Wizard™ and Petite Scalloped Ovals Large S4-139 and Labels Ten S5-022 die templates from Spellbinders™. I airbrushed on the Labels Ten S5-022 die template using the Copic airbrush system and marker B02, Robin's Egg Blue. I layers the image and ovals using foam mounting tape and I also added to lace, trim and buttons.

Supplies~
Paper~The Paper Company-White, Light Blue; WorldWin-Coral Pink, Alpine Aster, Autumn
Ink~SU-Barely Banana, Certainly Celery
Other~Spellbinders™-Wizard™, Easter Borders Petites S4-237, Petite Scalloped Ovals Large S4-139, Labels Ten S5-022; Crafty Secrets-Easter Creative Scraps; Copic-B02 Robin's Egg Blue; Sparkle-N-Sprinkle-Sparkling Snow Glitter; Sakura-Quickie Glue Pen; Joann's-Pink Velvet Ric-Rac, White Lace Trim, Buttons; Beacon Adhesives-Fabri-Tac; 3M-Scotch Foam Mounting Tape.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! The sun is shinning again today--I think Spring just might really be here to stay! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

7 comments:

  1. Love these cards, Heidi!
    The second one is just TOO CUTE!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, very cute cards. The borders certainly make the cards pop and you used the cutest images.
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, pretty, and spring-like. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely! Always admire your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling cards Heidi!
    I think my favorite is the 2nd one...love how you popped up the flowers and the butterfly in the different colors!
    Thank you for sharing and for all your inspiration!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable card.
    Love all details.
    Great job.
    You have blog full with inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just have to say wow! Both of these cards are beautiful and I love the techniques you've used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...