Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Crafty Secrets - Car Classics - Get Well Card

Good morning! Today I have a get well card to share with you that I made for one of my husband's co-workers. Even though the sentiment is get well on this card you could change it to anything you would like for a great guy card. The image of the car is from the Car Classics stamp set from Crafty Secrets. I love this set!! It is fantastic for creating guy cards!!I started by stamping the image of the car onto white cardstock with black ink and then colored with Copic markers.Next I used the Deckled Rectangles Large S4-202 die templates to make a diecut and I inked the edges with black ink.Then I made a tag diecut using one of the die templates from Ribbon Tag Trio Two S4-234. To make the tag I used Red Premium Craft Foil F-01 and then I lightly sanded the edges. I also added a black ribbon and some 3D Foam Squares from SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™ to the backside of the tag to add some dimension. Here is a close-up of the tag. I stamped an oval from the Price Tags stamp set from Crafty Secrets and the sentiment is from the Feeling Yucky stamp set from Crafty Secrets. The oval was stamped in black and the sentiment in red and then I cut out the oval and added 3D Foam Squares to the backside. You can also see from the picture that I stamped a border of cars at the bottom of the card.For the image of the map I stamped it with black ink onto white cardstock, colored with Copic markers, distress and inked the edges.I used the Large Labels S4-168 die template to make a diecut to use for a mat behind the picture of the car. Supplies~
Paper~Neenah-Solar White; WorldWin-Black, Red
Stamps~Crafty Secrets-Car Classics, Feeling Yucky, Price Tags
Ink~Tsukineko-Memento Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug
Other~Spellbinders™-Wizard™, Deckled Rectangles Large S4-202, Large Labels S4-168, Ribbon Tag Trio Two S4-234, Red Premium Craft Foil F-01; Copic Markers-as shown in the picture; SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By3L™-E-Z Runner® (33'), 3D Foam Squares; My Stash-Black Ribbon, Distressing Tool

I think summer is here in MN!! I am so thankful it has cooled down a bit though--the past couple of days it's been in the 90's. Hard to believe the week before we had the heater on--LOL!
I hope you are enjoying some warmer weather and I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

2 comments:

  1. just beautiful, I love that stamp set and I have it si now I can copy you girlfriend...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super fantastic! And, I always love the helpful hints you pass along ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...