Friday, June 25, 2010

JustRite Stampers - By The Sea - Waves

Hello! Today I have another card to share with you that I created for my Dad for Father's Day. But the card could really be used for several different occasions and you could also add a sentiment to the front.I used one of the image from By The Sea stamp set from JustRite Stampers to create the beautiful beach image on the card. The By The Sea stamp set includes 4 Centers and 4 Interchangeable Borders and it fits the 1/4'' x 3-1/16'' Oval Stamper. I started by stamping the image with Rich Cocoa ink onto Solar White cardstock.Next I colored the the sea and sky.Then I colored the adirondack chair.Then I colored the sand, bucket and grass.For the last little bit of coloring I colored the umbrella and the border.I used the Illuminations Border Grand S7-004 die template to create the diecut for the wave. I cut/embossed one border with white cardstock and the other with Floral Dreams designer paper. To add a little bit of sparkle to the waves I used the Clear Star Gelly Roll Glitter Pen from Sakura. If you look back up at the first picture of the wave you will see a line of glitter from the pen. To get a softer and all over sparkle I just tap my finger on top of the glitter line before it drys. You will want to work in small sections while doing this so the glitter doesn't dry.To layer the waves and add a little dimension I used 3D Foam Squares from SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™.Here is a close-up of the waves. I added a few Brown Lush rhinestones from My Mind's Eye .Here is a close-up of the stamped image. I used Classic Ovals Small S4-112 die #5 die template to make the oval diecut and Labels Thirteen S4-248 die template to make a diecut for a mat in the background. For the top border I used a piece of white cardstock and embossed it with Sea Scape Impressabilities I2-1016 then I inked it with Ranger Distress Ink Antique Linen. I also traced around the shells with a Clear Star Gelly Roll Glitter Pen to add a little sparkle.
Stamps: JustRite Stampers By The Sea, JB-081192-1/4'' x 3-1/16'' Oval Stamper
Dies & Punches: SpellbindersWizard™, Classic Ovals Small S4-112 die #5, Illuminations Border Grand S7-004, Labels Thirteen S4-248
Paper: Neenah Solar White; K & Company Floral Dreams (blue wave); DCWV The Rustic Stack; The Paper Comapny White & Brown Cardstock
Ink:Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger Distress Ink Antique Linen
Accessories:SpellbindersSea Scape Impressabilities I2-1016; Copic Markers as shown in the pictures; My Mind's Eye Lush Brown Rhinestones; SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™ E-Z Runner® (33'), 3D Foam Squares; Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll Glitter Pen

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a Fantastic weekend!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Heidi! Love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Heidi, love this stamp and the use of Tim's flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Heidi! Love the added glitter on the waves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stuff. I love how you show what markers you used and how you colored the image. Thanks so much for taking the time to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy I St. Louis MOJune 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM

    Beautiful. Thank you for the detailed coloring guide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi, This is Beautiful!
    Love all the different elements.

    Thank you for sharing, and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...