Monday, June 28, 2010

JustRite Stampers - Sympathy Card - Pictures from the Storm

Hello! Today I have a sympathy card to share with you using the Thinking of You stamp set from JustRite Stampers.The Thinking of You stamp set includes 6 Centers and 6 Interchangeable Borders and it fits the 2-1/4'' x 3-1/16'' Oval Stamper. This is a wonderful set thinking of you and sympathy cards with beautiful images and sentiments. I started by stamping one of the centers from the Thinking of You stamp set with Rich Cocoa ink. Then I used two colors of Copic markers to airbrush around the image. I used BV000 on most of the image and then I used BV04 for a darker color around the edges.Then I cut out the oval with the image and sentiment. I made a tag diecut using Fancy Tags S4-235 die template from Spellbinders™ and airbrushed it with Copic marker BV000. Next I made all of the other diecuts using the Scalloped Edge Frame S5-011 and Cross Collection S4-265 die templates from Spellbinders™. I airbrushed the diecuts using Copic markers. To layer the cross and the sentiment I used 3D Foam Squares from SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™.Here is a close-up of the scalloped frame and the cross.Here is another close-up of the cross. I added tiny pearls to the cross, tag and at the top of the card.
Stamps: JustRite Stampers-JB-08740 Thinking of You, JB-08119 2-1/4'' x 3-1/16'' Oval Stamper
Dies & Punches: Spellbinders™ Scalloped Edge Frame S5-011, Fancy Tags S4-235, Cross Collection S4-265
Paper: K & Company Floral Dreams; The Paper Company Ivory Cardstock
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: SpellbindersWizard™;Copic Markers BV000, BV04, Airbrush System; SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™ Crafty Power Tape, E-Z Runner® (33'), 3D Foam Squares; Joann's Pearls

After a weekend of storms we have had several phone calls and emails wondering how we are doing and all is well! We have our electricity back and everyone is safe. But I am glad the weekend is over! We have spent more time in the past week an a half in our basement and it is starting to get really old!! Three storms in a week an a half is enough! After church we spent most of yesterday at my parents house helping them clean up, the area where they live was hit pretty hard!This is the back of my parents house. I forgot to take pictures of the front of the house but they had a huge branch off the top of one of their trees that ended up in the neighbors yard. In the bottom right corner is my parents house, this is a tree in their neighbors yard.
A lot of big trees in the neighborhood were uprooted. I can't even begin to tel you how many trees came down from the storm. There were also a lot of trees where the tops were just snapped off. It was really sad to see so many beautiful tress lost but thank goodness it was just trees and no one was hurt!! We do have a lot to be thankful for because so many people have lost so much over the past week an a half!! One thing that was really wonderful to see is all of the people pulling together to help each other out, that really touches a persons heart.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Thanks for the phone calls and emails to check on us over the weekend! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, I love this card. What a great sympathy card. The details are perfect. Great job.

    Wow, you had quite a storm too. It hit Indiana too and lots of trees down etc. We also were without power for 2 days. Jon just ordered a larger generator. ha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...