Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Retirement Card

Hello! Today is just going to be a quick post but I do have a card to share with you. With the kids being home in the summer and all the different activities time is so limited. Also June and July are also really busy with creating all the different projects for CHA. Sorry, I can't show you any of the new products just yet but over the next few weeks I will be sharing several sneak peeks here and there. *wink* Also, on a more personal note could I ask that you please keep my husband in your prayers. He went to the doctor on Tuesday and he has a blood clot in his leg. He is on medication and following doctors orders and we are hoping for a speedy recovery.

Ok, are you ready to see the card? LOL!I made this card for my mom to give to one of her friends/co-worker who just recently retired. The background paper is so pretty I didn't want to cover it up too much so I just embellished it a bit.I made the vine die cut using the Wizard™ and On The Vine Grand Border S7-017 die template from Spellbinders™. Before removing the cardstock I inked it through the die template, using it like a stencil and then once I removed it I added Non-Smear Pastels to make the colors really pop. I cut the border into a few piece and added it around the sentiment. Here is a close-up of the sentiment. I printed it onto white cardstock and then used Labels Five S4-229 to make the label die cut. Before removing the cardstock I inked the inside with Vintage Photo Ink.This is the bottom half of the card with more of the vine. I also added pearly flower buttons and some chocolate brown ribbon. I added some dimension to the vine and the buttons using 3D Foam Squares from SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™. For a little sparkle I added a few blue rhinestones.
Supplies~ Paper~Shabby Green Door-Daydreamer; The Paper Company-White, Brown, Green
Ink~Ranger-Distress Ink-Vintage Photo; Clear Snap-ColorBox Warm Green
Other~Spellbinders-Wizard™, Labels Five S4-229, On The Vine Grand Border S7-017; The Stencil Collection-Non-Smear Pastels; Joann's-Buttons, Brown Ribbon; SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L-E-Z Runner® (33'), Crafty Power Tape 81', 3D Foam Squares; My Mind's Eye-Lush Blue Rhinestones

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you are having a wonderful week!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

3 comments:

  1. JudyI St. Louis MOJune 16, 2010 at 7:49 PM

    Heidi,
    That is a gorgeous card. I love the poem. I'm sure the retiree will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Heidi! The person receiving it is going to LOVE it! I will keep your hubby in my prayers! Scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your card and really like the sentiment. Could you please tell me where you got this great verse?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...