Wednesday, August 25, 2010

JustRite Stampers - Backyard Birds - Humming Bird Wall Hanging

Hello! Today I have a wall hanging to share with you and I have to say I had so much fun creating it! I loved coloring the images and I am very happy with how it turned out--Love it when that happens!! *wink* Have you been following the JustRite® Stampers Blog this week? Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week New JustRite® Stampers Releases are being revealed. On Monday JB-09230 Backyard Birds was featured, Tuesday was JB-09800 Nature Nested Sentiments and Verse and for today you will have to check out the JustRite® Stampers Blog (a little later this afternoon) to see the New Release. Here is the wall hanging that I created using JB-09230 Backyard Birds, JB-09800 Nature Nested Sentiments and Verse, JB-08117 Wood 3-1/4'' Round Stamper and JB09520 Clear Horizontal Stampers-2 pack (1-5/8'' x 3-1/4'') all from JustRite® Stampers. I also used the NEW SpellbindersGrand Nestabilities™ LF-190 Grand Labels Four Die #5, #6 and the Grand Calibur™. I started by stamping the humming bird image and border from JB-09230 Backyard Birds onto white cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and then coloring the flowers with Copic Markers. Next I colored the leaves with Copic markers. Then I colored the humming bird.Next I colored the ribbon border and airbrushed in the center. I created a mask to cover over the image of the humming bird but I forgot to take a picture. Creating a mask is a great way to prevent image from becoming colored when airbrushing. I used the S4-116 Standard Circles Small Die #7 to cut/emboss the circle diecut. I taped it in place for perfect positioning around the image. For a background piece behind the image of the bird I used S4-292 Beaded Circles Die #4 to create the diecut and then airbrushed with a Copic marker.Here is a close-up of the humming bird image. I used 3D Foam Squares from SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™ to add a little dimension and added Prima flowers and pearls.
To create the base for the wall hanging I covered a piece of Core'dinations cardstock with an Adhesive Sheet from SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™ and then added a piece of light weight chipboard to the back. I used the largest die template from Spellbinders™ Grand Nestabilities™ LF-190 Grand Labels Four Die #6 to cut/emboss the diecut.To create the sandwich for the Grand Calibur™ start with the A Base Plate on the bottom, die template (with the cut side up), Paper and then C Cutting Plate.I have to tell you I absolutely LOVE the Grand Calibur™!! It is so easy to use and the mats just glide right through the machine!!Here is a picture of the LF-190 Grand Labels Four Die #6 after the diecut was created. The sandwich for embossing is A Base Plate, Die Template with Paper, Tan Embossing Mat (not pictured) and the Pink B Embossing Plate.To create the sentiment I used one of the stamps from JB-09800 Nature Nested Sentiments and Verse. I used Memento Rich Cocoa ink and stamped onto white paper.Next I used S4-142 Long Classic Rectangles Large Die #2 to cut/emboss the rectangle diecut and then I airbrushed with a Copic marker.Here is a close-up of the sentiment. I also used S4-235 Fancy Tags die template to create a second tag. I added two Karen Foster Decorative Corner Brads and pearls.Here's a couple more close-up pictures.Supplies~
Stamps: JustRite® Stampers JB-09230 Backyard Birds, JB-09800 Nature Nested Sentiments and Verse, JB-08117 Wood 3-1/4'' Round Stamper, JB09520 Clear Horizontal Stampers-2 pack (1-5/8'' x 3-1/4'')
Dies & Punches: Spellbinders™ Grand Nestabilities™ LF-190 Grand Labels Four Die #5, #6, Nestabilities S4-116 Standard Circles Small Die #7, S4-142 Long Classic Rectangles Large Die #2, S4-292 Beaded Circles Die #4, S4-235 Fancy Tags
Paper: Core'dinations Green, Blue Cardstock; Neenah Paper Classic Crest Solar White; Chipboard
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Copic Markers BV000, V04, V17, G40, G24, G28, Y00, R81, RV17, E15, E27, Boo, B02
Accessories: SpellbindersGrand Calibur™; Prima Flowers; Karen Foster Decorative Corner Brads; SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L™ Adhesive Sheets, 3D Foam Squares; Joann's Blue Ribbon, Pearls

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to check out JustRite® Stampers Blog to see another Fantastic New Release and some FABULOUS creative inspiration!!!

Hope you have a Wonderful Day!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

7 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi,
    I want to come and play with you in your studio. You have soo much eye candy and fun.
    Lurve all that you do!
    Happy creating,
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning wall hanging! I love all the details, especially the corner brads! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful! The purple airbrushing and pearls in the of the beaded circle is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a WOW card Heidi. I love the color combination and your coloring is gorgeous. Stunning! Love seeing all your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Das ist ein wunderschönes Motiv, und die Karte ist ein Traum !!!
    Liebe Grüße Marlis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your wonderful designs, beautiful coloring & am thrilled that you give so much detail about your creations & how you get the total effect ... Am curious what kind of paper you use to make a mask for your airbrushing ...
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice and very creative wind spinners . how much is it ? is perfect for my garden .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...