Friday, May 20, 2011

Nestabling™, Swirls and Pearls - Sweet Little Birds

Good morning and welcome to the Want2Scrap™ blog! Today, I have a pretty Spring card filled with Nestabling™, Swirls and Pearls to share with you. Here is the card that I designed using Nestabling™ Lacey Ovals Moss Pearl, (love this color of green! *wink*) 72 Count - White Pearls - Self Adhesive , Swirls, Finesse - Brown Rhinestone - 2 Pack - Self Adhesive and Baby - White - Pearls -100 Count. To start I cut/embossed a piece of Simply Smooth Ivory cardstock from Discount Cardstock using the Grand Calbiur™ and S4-314 Lacey Ovals #5 die template from Spellbinders™. Then I added the Nestabling™ Lacey Ovals Moss Pearl from Want2Scrap™. Look how beautifully and perfectly the Nestabling™ fits on the lacey edges of the die cut. Next I cut/embossed the image of the birds using the Grand Calibur™ and S4-110 Classic Ovals Large #4 die template from Spellbinders™. The image of the birds is from Crafty Secrets Birds & Botanicals Images & Journal Notes.Here is a close up of the image and Nestabling™.
Next I wanted to add a Swirls, Finesse - Brown Rhinestone - 2 Pack - Self Adhesive but I knew it was going to be a little big for the space I had left on my card so I cut the swirl into two pieces. By cutting the swirl it does tow things--allows me to use it in the space I have and I can create a different look for the swirls depending on the placement. Here is a picture with the placement of the swirl. I also added 72 Count - White Pearls - Self Adhesive and Baby - White - Pearls -100 Count to the tip of each swirl. I love this look! It give the appearance the swirl and pearls are all one piece. I added a flower for and embellishment at the bottom. To create the flower I cut Simply Smooth Ivory cardstock, using the Grand Calibur™ and S5-050 Rose Creations die templates. Then I inked the edges with Spun Sugar Distress Ink and added a 72 Count - White Pearls - Self Adhesive to the center and then added Flower Soft around the pearl. For the leaves I used S4-328 Foliage and Herbal Garden Medium Prismatic cardstock. I inked the leaves with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. For the sentiment I used word blocks from Crafty Secrets Altered Fairies Creative Scraps.All of the cardstock used is from Discount Cardstock. For a finishing touch I added Diamond Stickles to the image, flower and leaves.

Want2Scrap™ Supplies Used:
Nestabling™ Lacey Ovals Moss Pearl
72 Count - White Pearls - Self Adhesive
Swirls, Finesse - Brown Rhinestone - 2 Pack - Self Adhesive
Baby - White - Pearls -100 Count

Cross Promotional Products Used:
Dies: Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur™, S4-314 Lacey Ovals #5, S4-110 Classic Ovals Large #4, S4-328 Foliage, S5-050 Rose Creations
Accessories: Beacon Adhesives™ Zip Dry™

Other Supplies Used:
Paper: Discount Cardstock Simply Smooth Ivory, Chamois Cascata Felt, Herbal Garden Medium Prismatic, Posh Milk Chocolate Felt
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger Spun Sugar, Peeled Paint Distress Ink
Accessories: Crafty Secrets Birds & Botanicals Images & Journal Notes, Altered Fairies Creative Scraps (sentiment); Flower Soft Sage, Sunshine Yellow, Autumn; Ranger Diamond Stickles; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L3D Foam Squares

Thank you so much for stopping by today and don't forget to check out the the Want2Scrap™ Blog! I hope you have a Happy and Creative Friday!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

13 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful, I too love that color of green "wink", your details are always so eye pleasing you really are a true master...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't like BLING? I just LOVE bling:-) Awesome card Heidi! I just love the birds, spring is definitely here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning, I love the bling and using the oval on the image was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card, it is gorgeous. I also love the bling, it is so nice to have the bling made just for nesties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colors you chose and the bling!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sentiment to go with this image. Wow -- that nestabling is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love when you use birds...and that bling is out of this world! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! let me say i am very impressed with this card. the details are wonderful. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sentiment is so great and I love how you framed the birds. Got to love the bling also!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card! And thanks for showing us how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I love the Nestabling. I haven't seen the Flower Soft before. I'm just starting to use flowers on my mini albums. I'll have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...