Sunday, March 11, 2012

JustRite Background Stamp - In My Heart Card with Shrink Plastic Charm

Good morning blogging friends! Some of the JustRite Designers are doing a blog hop today to showcase some of the New background stamps. For today we are sharing projects made using CL-03555 Scrolled Vine Background Stamp, CL-03605 Harlequin Script Background Stamp and CL-03550 Vintage Wall Paper Background Stamp.


Here is the project I designed using CL-03555 Scrolled Vine Background Stamp, CL-03605 Harlequin Script Background Stamp and CR-03570 With Sympathy all from JustRite Stampers. I had some fun playing with shrink plastic and made the beautiful charm on my card.


To start I took a piece of shrink plastic and put a light coat of white Gesso on the top. Once the Gesso was dry then I stamped the images on the shrink plastic using Rich Cocoa ink.


I used Prismacolor Colored Pencils to add color to the image and then I used S4-353 Labels Twenty-Four die template from Spellbinders to cut the label shape. I inked the edges with Rich Cocoa ink and then I put the shrink plastic in the oven to shrink it.


Here is the shrink plastic after it came out of the oven. I put the quarter in the photo so you could see the size of the charm after it was shrunk.


After the charm cooled off I edged the label with a gold metallic paint pen and added Ivory Pearls from The Rubber Cafe to the corners. Then I covered the entire piece with Glossy Accents. Sometimes placing pearls and rhinestones can be kind of hard when they are so little so I use the Stick "EM" Up Tool from The Rubber Cafe for perfect placement. The tool grabs a hold of the pearl or rhinestone and allows you to place them when you would like. So quick and easy!


To create the background I started with a piece of Simply Smooth Ivory cardstock and I used CL-03555 Scrolled Vine Background Stamp and CL-03605 Harlequin Script Background Stamp. I stamped the Scrolled Vine first using Rich Cocoa ink. Then I stamped the Harlequin Script using Old Paper Distress ink. I inked the image first using Worn Lipstick. Then I added Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress inks to the outer edges. Once all of the inking was done I lightly misted the entire piece with water to help blend the inks. Then I put some water on my fingers and flicked them at the paper leaving water drops and giving it a more distressed look. To add to the distressed look I used the Distrezz-it-All to distress the edges.


Here is a close up so you can see the distressed look on the background paper.


I added a gold jump ring to the charm and then added a piece of Pink Seam Binding from Really Reasonable Ribbon to attach the charm to the card.


The sentiment is from the CR-03570 With Sympathy stamp set. I love the sentiments in this set, several of them can be used for cards/projects other then sympathy cards.



I added Ivory Pearls around the Scrolled Vine background and added the distressed background to a Simply Smooth Ivory cardstock base from Discount Cardstock.

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial! Do you like to make charms or jewelry with shrink plastic? If it's something you have never tried I hope this has inspired you to maybe give it a try.

Please be sure to check out the link list below with the JustRite Designer and see what they have to share with you today. You won't want to miss of this eye candy!!


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a Beautiful Sunday!!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Supplies
Stamps: JustRite Stampers CL-03555 Scrolled Vine Background Stamp, CL-03605 Harlequin Script Background Stamp, CR-03570 With Sympathy
Paper: Discount Cardstock Simply Smooth Ivory
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa; Ranger Distress Inks Worn Lipstick, Antique Linen, Old Paper, Vintage Photo; Prismacolor Colored Pencils
Dies: Spellbinders Grand Calibur, S4-353 Labels Twenty-Four
Accessories: Really Reasonable Ribbon Pink Seam Binding; The Rubber Cafe Ivory Pearls (coming soon), Stick "EM" Up Tool; Lucky Squirrel Shrink Plastic; Ranger Glossy Accents; Zutter Distrezz-it-All; Metallic Gold Paint Pen; Gold Jump Ring; Gesso; Spray Water Bottle; Heating Tool

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful and then some! Your work is always flawless! I've used shrink plastic when my kids were little - 30 some years ago! Never for charms on a card, but I really like it and may just give it a try. TFS Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me. Though I follow your blog, I have never left a comment before (shame on me!!!), but I am awed by your work. You have so much talent and always have everything so perfect. Thanks so much for sharing not only the project but the tutorials for how they were made. You are such an inspiration to others.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, your card to-day is just so pretty and that charm is beautiful. Is there a right and wrong side to paint on ?. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful very stunning love your coloring, thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project. I love the distressing and that cute little charm you made. That background stamp has to be one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning! Love the shrinky piece and beautiful colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning card here Heidi. I just so love this backgroundstamp and your little schrinkplastic charm is soooooo gorgeous too. And what amazing colors you´ve used here as well, all on this card is so cool and I just absolutely love all about it. Stunning work again hun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant ... that scroll vine stamp is beautiful ( I think I need that one...LOL ). Your charm is just gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous project. The rose is one of my favorite stamps and it is just stunning on the shrink plastic. Great inspiration. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the detail you put into this card and charm. Really admire the inking and distressing, right down to the water flicking:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card and love your charm and colouring- love shrink plastic- thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. heidi,
    this card is beautiful. the simplicity makes it so. it always amazes me how much detail is retained with the shrinky plastic. ( i was at vip and should have grabbed that scroll stamp when i had the chance.) thanks again for the inspiration.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful piece! I ave used shrink plastic for charms and game pieces. I love using it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I just love those background stamps. That charm is just gorgeous too. I have to dig out my shrink plastic! I haven't used it in ages but I know I have a ton of it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is just beautiful! That charm is fantastic! You can do so many things with that technique. You colored it beautifully. GORGEOUS!!!! Love that background stamp too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that charm! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable cards, pink in the card is very attractive, why shouldn't ou try designing plastic cards

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are looking so good. These have more attraction than the other Plastic cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...