Sunday, September 30, 2012

Vintage Love Scrapbook Layout

Hello!  Today, I have a 8 x 8 scrapbook layout to share with you.  I love old vintage pictures and especially wedding pictures.  Sometimes when I have old photos I like to make layouts that I can put on an easel and display for a home decor piece.  Usually these layouts are a little heavier on the embellishments since they won't be in a scrapbook.   


Here is the layout that I designed using an old family photo.  This is one of the photos that I got this past summer when we were at my family reunion.  I am going to have to show this to my grandpa so I can find out the name of the couple, there was no writing on the back of the photo.  But I just love this picture and thought it needed to be put in to a layout.  The bride had a beautiful gown and a gorgeous bouquet of roses.


I used Prima Challis Tea-Thyme Collection for the printed paper.  I thought it would look so pretty with the photo.  Then I cut/embossed LF-015 Grand Decorative Circles One using Champagne Metallic cardstock and layered that behind the photo.  I used a piece of Simply Smooth Ivory to mat the photo.  For the flower cluster I used S5-086 Bitty Blossoms and  S5-129 Foliage Two.  I cut/embossed all of the piece using Simply Smooth Ivory cardstock and then once I had the roses and leaves shaped I airbrushed them using Copic markers.  I used R20, RV10, R85 to color the roses and G24 for the leaves.


Here is a close up.  I also tucked in some small pieces of vintage lace trim, trinket pins and bling.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a wonderful day!

Please be sure to stop back tomorrow--I will be posting some fun Halloween Blog Candy.  ;-)

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi



Supplies
Paper:  Discount Cardstock Simply Smooth Ivory, Champagne Metallic; Prima Challis Tea-Thyme Collection
Ink:  Copic Markers R20, RV10, R85, G24
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Calibur, S5-086 Bitty Blossoms, LF-015 Grand Decorative Circles One, S5-129 Foliage Two
Accessories:  Maya Road Trinket Pins; Recollections Bling; Vintage Lace Trim; Hot Glue

2 comments:

  1. Heidi,
    This layout is simply stunning! I can imagine how much you enjoy placing it where it can be seen!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazingly gorgeous! Love the floral arrangement and the lace. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...