Monday, February 25, 2013

Proud Mom Moment and a Card Share

Hello everyone!  Today, I have a proud mom moment and a quick card to share with you.


Our youngest son received The Arrow of Light Award and crossed over from a Cub Scout to a Boy Scout!!  We are SO proud of him!!  The pack had a wonderful Blue and Gold Banquet with a potluck, songs and skits by the boys and then the crossing over ceremony.  
A Huge Thank You to the Pack Leader and Den Leaders!!   


I had to make a sympathy card for one of my husbands co-workers a couple of days ago.  I know most of us don't like making sympathy cards but most of the time when I am making them I tend to used softer colors.  I love how the image of the roses can be colored in so lightly to use as a background image and then stamp the sentiment on top.  The stamps are from JustRite Papercraft and the ink is Memento.  All of the coloring was done with Copic Markers and the die cuts were made using Spellbinders die templates.  All of the information is listed below with links.



Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-03570 With Sympathy, CL-04330 Victorian Tile Background Stamp
Paper:  DiscountCardstock.com Simply Smooth Ivory, Milk Chocolate
Ink:  Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Memento Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa; Copic Markers R20, G40, BG000, 0
Dies:  Spellbinders Creative Arts™ Grand Calibur® Machine, S5-127 Labels Twenty-Eight, S5-131 A2 Matting Basics A, S5-132 A2 Matting Basics B
Accessories:  Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L™ 3D Foam Squares

6 comments:

  1. First of all, congrats to the new boy scout!! WOOHOO~!!

    A lovely card to comfort those who need it - I'm sure they appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation to your son here. He´s doing really great and I know why yu´re soo proud of him, and I would too.
    Your card isso beautiful and really show good thoughts and warm feelings to the reciever. I love how you managed to give it that warm feeling. I too really hate to make these, but I agree, we tend to make them softer and warmer, and maybe we should try and do that more often to other cards as well? This is absolutely gorgeous, that´s for sure, and I´m sure it made the reciever feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, that is wonderful!! What an amazing accomplishment for your son!! Your card is amazing and has me inspired this morning!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your son. Your card is gorgeous. I love that rose from the sympathy set. Thanks for the great inspiration for for including the great details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations to Evan on his promotion. your card is very pretty and that technique would work for lots of occasions. thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so soft, elegant, and mailable - and I love it! I pinned it on my Pinterest board even though I am just getting started on Pinterest and do not really know how it all works.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...