Friday, July 11, 2014

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Birthday Floral Card

Hello everyone!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I know it has been a couple of weeks since my last post for TSSRS but as I mentioned in a previous post I had some health issues and had to take a little break.  But I will be back to posting on Fridays for TSSRS.


Here is the card that I designed to share with you.  Water coloring is very trendy right now and on this card I created the stamped and water colored background paper to look like a designer paper.  


The look of water color can easily be achieved using Ranger Distress Inks.  You can blot the ink pads on to a craft mat and used a Faber-Castell Mix & Match Deluxe Water Brush to pick up the ink and add color to your paper.  If you don't have a craft mat you can use an acrylic block, a foam plate or even a piece of plastic wrap.  Here are a few little tips--work in a small area, wet the area you want to add color to first with water and then add the color doing this will help the paint to flow better, do one color so section at a time, and heat set in between colors.  For the background I randomly stamped the rose bud image from JustRite® Papercraft CR-02106 Birthday Floral Vintage Labels Eight and Nine Clear Stamps using Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  On the die cut shape I stamped the frame and sentiment from the same stamp set using Versa Mark ink.  I added Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder and heat set using a heat tool.  To add the color I used Picked RaspberryMowed Lawn, and Squeezed Lemonade Ranger Distress Inks.


Here you can see a close up of the watercolor.


To create both of the die cut shapes I used JustRite Custom Dies JB-02087 Vintage Labels Eight Dies.  I layered the die cuts on top of the background paper and then I added some Venise Lace 1.75" - Gabriella White and 3/8" Satin with Knotted Edge Ribbon.  I love the look and feel of both the ribbon and the lace together.  I love the little knots in the ribbon--it has texture and detail but yet still very simple.  I also added a few Melissa Frances White Pearls and a Petaloo Botanica Pink flower.  To add dimension I used 3D Foam Squares in between some of the paper layers and I used EZ Runner® Permanent Strips-Refillable Dispenser 49' to adhere all of the other layers.


I hope you enjoyed the card today and as always you can click on all the photos to enlarge them and all of the supplies are listed below with links.

Please be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of the fantastic paper crafting products and the Blog for inspiration from the Design Team.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Stamps:  JustRite® Papercraft CR-02106 Birthday Floral Vintage Labels Eight and Nine Clear Stamps-The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store
Paper:  Cardstock-White, Pink, Blue
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Versa Mark, Ranger Distress Inks-Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade-The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store
Dies:  JustRite Custom Dies JB-02087 Vintage Labels Eight Dies-The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store
Lace/Ribbon:  Venise Lace 1.75" - Gabriella White, 3/8" Satin with Knotted Edge Ribbon-The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store
Accessories:  Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder; Melissa Frances White Pearls; Petaloo Botanica Pink; Faber-Castell Mix & Match Deluxe Water Brush-The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, Heat tool; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® 3D Foam SquaresEZ Runner® Permanent Strips-Refillable Dispenser 49'
NOTE:  You can also find Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® products at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I never thought of using the Distress Inks for watercoloring but from the looks of your flowers the technique works beautifully. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...