Friday, December 12, 2014

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Have a Merry Christmas Watercolor and Texture Paste Card

Hello everyone!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and I have another Christmas card to share with you.  Last week I did a Christmas card with detailed watercolor, you can click HERE if you missed it.  This week I did another watercolor but this is a very quick and easy watercolor wash.


Here is the card that I designed.  To start I used a piece of Ranger Watercolor Paper and stamped a sentiment from the  JustRite Papercraft CR-02133 Extra Grand Holiday Sentiments Clear Stamps.  I used VersaMark Ink and Stampendous Super Fine Embossing Powder - Detail White and a heat tool to heat set the sentiment.  Then to do the watercolor wash I used a larger flat brush to wet the entire sheet of paper.  I used an acrylic block and added ink from the Tim Holtz Distress Inks pads on to the acrylic block.  If you don't have a larger acrylic block you can use a craft mat or a sheet of wax paper or freezer wrap paper will work too.  Take the paint brush and add water to the inks to create the watercolor.  Go back and forth over the paper with long wide strokes adding in the color until you get the look you like.  You don't have to cover the entire piece of paper, actually leaving a little white space with this technique looks the best.  


Once the watercolor was dry then I used a Prima Elementals Stencil 6.5 x 10.25 - Bubbles and some Studio 490 Embossing Paste - Crackled Texture to create the crackles circles.  This kind of reminds me of snow crystals with the crackles.  Once the texture paste was dry then I went over each circle with the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen to add a little bit of sparkle.  It's hard to pick up the shimmer with the camera but I think you can see it on a few of the circles in this picture.  


To embellish the card I used some May Arts 3/8" Metallic Velvet across the top of the card and then I cut two of the May Arts Satin Jumbo Silver Snowflakes and layered them using  3D Foam Squares.  To finish off the card I used a few KaiserCraft Silver Rhinestones.

Please be sure to check out The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of the fantastic paper crafting products and the Blog for inspiration from the Design Team.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi



Supplies
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-02133 Extra Grand Holiday Sentiments Clear Stamps
Paper:  Ranger Watercolor Paper; Cardstock Lavender, Light Blue
Ink:  VersaMark Ink; Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Salty Ocean, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire; Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
Ribbon:  May Arts 3/8" Metallic VelvetMay Arts Satin Jumbo Silver Snowflakes
Accessories:  Stampendous Super Fine Embossing Powder - Detail White, Studio 490 Embossing Paste - Crackled Texture, Prima Elementals Stencil 6.5 x 10.25 - Bubbles, KaiserCraft Silver Rhinestones, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares, E-Z Runner Permanent Strips-Refillable Dispenseer 49', Heat Tool

2 comments:

  1. that is so cooooool! the cracked circles are a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...