Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Hawthorne & Roses Watercolor Bouquet


Hello everyone!  Today, I have a card with a beautiful watercolor bouquet of flowers to share with you.  The image is from Pink Ink Stamp Company.


I stamped the Hawthorne & Roses image using Jet Black StazOn ink on to Strathmore Mixed Media paper.  Then I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor paints to color the image.


Here is a close up of the image.  After I was done watercoloring the image then I did a watercolor wash using a couple colors of blue for the background.  To finish off the watercolor I used the black paint on my brush with a little water to create the tiny paint splatters.  Then I used Spellbinders Labels Forty-One to die cut the image.  I also created another die cut to layer in the background using Labels Thirty-Five.  


I embossed the white background piece using a doilies embossing folder from We R Memory Keepers.  To finish off the card I added a hand dyed seam binding bow and a couple of acrylic leaves and a pink rose for embellishments.

Thanks so much for joining me today! 

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi

Pink Ink Stamp Company products used, available online from Ellen Hutson LLC

Or you can visit the Pink Ink Stamp Company website to find a local retailer near you.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the colors that you used on your flowers. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Heidi! The colors stand out beautifully and I see you didn't put any sentiment on it. That means it can be used for any occasion, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...