Wednesday, September 23, 2015

ButterBeeScraps - Spooky Vintage Halloween Couple - Home Decor

Hello everyone!  It's almost the end of September so Halloween will be here before we know it.  So I figured I better get started on my Halloween crafts.  Today, I have a fun Halloween home decor piece to share with you.  I used some charms, filigree, resin flowers, and rhinestones from 
ButterBeeScraps to create my projects and then I used some bits and pieces from my own stash too.


I had a couple of small 4 x 4 black frames and I thought these would be great for some framed Halloween home decor pieces.  The background paper and the images of the man and woman are from the Tim Holtz Regions Beyond 8 x 8 Paper Pad.  I also used some black cardstock.  To create the oval die cut shapes I used  Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small and Large.  Then I added all the bits and pieces to embellish each frame.


I wanted to use charms from both the PARISIAN TIBETAN CHARMS COLLECTION (candles) and HAUNTED HALLOWS TIBETAN CHARMS COLLECTION (spiderweb).  One was silver and one bronze.  Anything with gold is so on trend right now and I wanted to accent the frames with gold so I decided to spray paint both of the charms.


For the most part I usually buy Krylon spray paint (it's just a personal fave) but I picked up this Metallic Gold from Rust-Oleum because out of all the bottles of gold metallic spray paint this was the only one that said bright gold on the label and that is exactly what I was looking for.


Here is a closer look at the frame with the man.  I love the images of the vintage photos in the paper pad--they are great for creating small home decor pieces like this.


Here is a close up of the spider on the web.  This charm is from the HAUNTED HALLOWS TIBETAN CHARMS COLLECTION.  I added a SS12 SIAM FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONES for the body of the spider.  Then I used a black safety pin to attach the charm to the gold metallic bow.


I added BRASS VINE FLOURISH METAL FILIGREE EMBELLISHMENT (#006-G) to accent to ovals and the vintage photo.  Then I added SS16 JET FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONES to the center of each piece.  I used Ranger Multi Medium Matte to adhere all of the bling and metal pieces.


Here is a close up of the frame with the woman.  The frames are basically the same except for the images and the charms.


Here is a close up of the candles.  This charm is part of the PARISIAN TIBETAN CHARMS COLLECTION.  I added a SS20 SIAM FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONES to the center of the candles.  Then I added a black safety pin to attach the charm to the gold metallic bow.  I used May Arts Gold Metallic String to create the bows.  To finish the piece off I added a black RESIN FLOWER CABOCHONS (#RES612-BK) to the center of the bow.


Then I added the  BRASS VINE FLOURISH METAL FILIGREE EMBELLISHMENT (#006-G) around the photos and added SS16 JET FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONES to the center of the filigree pieces.

I hope you enjoyed this fun framed Halloween home decor piece.  These are so quick and easy to make for the holiday.

Don't forget to check out ButterBeeScraps Online Store and Blog!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  

Hugs,
Heidi


ButterBeeScraps Supplies
Charms - PARISIAN TIBETAN CHARMS COLLECTION (candles), HAUNTED HALLOWS TIBETAN CHARMS COLLECTION (spiderweb)
Gold Filigree - BRASS VINE FLOURISH METAL FILIGREE EMBELLISHMENT (#006-G)
Resin Flower - RESIN FLOWER CABOCHONS (#RES612-BK)
Black Safety Pin
Flat Back Rhinestones - SS16 JET FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONES,  SS12 SIAM FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONESSS20 SIAM FLAT BACK GLASS RHINESTONES
Other Supplies
4 x 4 Black Frames
Paper - Tim Holtz Regions Beyond 8 x 8 Paper Pad, Black Cardstock
Dies - Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small and Large
Paint - Metallic Gold Spray Paint
May Arts Metallic Gold String
Ranger Multi Medium Matte
Foam Tape
Hot Glue

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...