Sunday, October 18, 2015

JustRite Papercraft - New Release Doodled Roses - You Are A Blessing Watercolor Card

Hello everyone!  I am back to share another New Release from JustRite Papercraft.  For my card today I am using the CR-02194 Doodled Roses Clear Stamp Set and I have to say I think this is one of my favorite sets from the release.  I love how this stamp set can be used for CAS (Clean And Simple) cards and also for elegant cards.  I love the sentiments too!


Here is a look at the card I designed.  To start I die cut a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media paper using one of the dies from the Tonic Studios633E Indulgence Keepsakes - Regal Frame & Lovebird Insert Die Set.  Next, I applied painter's tape along the edge of the die cut and then I stamped the images of the Doodled Rose with VersaMark ink and then I added Ranger Super Fine Detailed Embossing Powder.  I removed the tape and then heat set the embossing powder.  I also stamped the sentiment using StazOn Jet Black.  Then I applied more of the painter's tape along the edge of the die cut.  Doing this helps to keep a white outer edge.  I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - Light Pink, Bright Yellow (looks like light orange), Yellow, Pale Green, Light Green along with a Watercolor Brush Round 8 to watercolor the images and the background.  I used a heat tool to speed up the drying process in between the layers of paint.


Here is a close up of the watercolor.  I love how the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers blend so easily and the colors are beautiful and vibrant.  


I cut the larger die cut shape from the Tonic Studios633E Indulgence Keepsakes - Regal Frame & Lovebird Insert Die Set with black cardstock and layered the two pieces together.  I used craft foam (fun foam) along with Scor Tape to layer in between the layers.  Craft foam is a great alternative to pop dots or 3D foam squares.  A lot of times I use a combination of both.  The nice thing about the craft foam is it give you a smooth even coverage on larger areas.  Just be sure to use a strong adhesive like Scor Tape or something similar.


Here you can see the dimension in the layers.


The base of the card is black and the card measures 3-3/4 x 6-3/4.  For the background I used a piece of raspberry cardstock and I stamped the Doodles Roses using VersaMark ink.  Then I layered a piece of orange swiss dot behind the raspberry paper. To finish off the card I added some black and hot pink rhinestones.

Please be sure to visit the Design Team Members in the link list below to see what they have created to share with you.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-01294 Doodled Roses Clear Stamps
Paper:  Strathmore Mixed Media, Cardstock - Raspberry, Orange Swiss Dot, Black
Ink/Markers:  VersaMark Ink, StazOn Jet Black, Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - Light Pink, Bright Yellow (looks like light orange), Yellow, Pale Green, Light Green
Dies:  Tonic Studios - 633E Indulgence Keepsakes - Regal Frame & Lovebird Insert Die Set
Accessories:  Ranger Super Fine Detailed Embossing Powder, Rhinestones - Black, Hot Pink, Craft Foam, Heat Tool, Scor Tape, Watercolor Brush Round 8, Painter's Tape

1 comment:

  1. I love cards with dimension and I can see you've created it using layers and ink. Your card is beautiful and I love the sentiment you chose. It may be my favorite. The ink used adds a bit of glamor to an already fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...