Saturday, February 27, 2016

JustRite Papercraft - Watercolor Floral Silhouettes - You Are Amazing Card

Hello everyone!  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.  Thank you all so very much for all of your sweet comments, thoughts and prayers for my husband and myself.  He is doing great and back to work.  :)  I have been starting to feel a little better too and I can tell the meds are starting to work.  I am still having pain but it is no where near as bad as it was.  But I have to be careful and not over do it--if I do too much then my arm starts to really hurt. So I do a little and then take a break and then come back to it in a bit.  But I am very thankful my husband is doing great and I am getting better too.  We truly appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers!!

I have several projects that have actually been done for a couple of weeks but with everything going on and not feeling well I have fallen behind so you will probably be seeing several projects in the next few days--as long and my hand and arm are ok to type.  :)


Today, I have a pretty watercolor card to share with you using some of the new stamp releases from JustRite Papercraft.  I love this new stamp set--the flowers are so fun and kind of remind me of a combination of whimsical dandelions and elegant Queen Ann's Lace.  I think these image could be used for fun and playful cards--like this watercolor card or if they were embossed in a metallic color they could be very elegant.  I used the CR-05029 Floral Silhouettes One Clear Stamps with VersaMark ink for the background and heat embossed using Tonic Studios - NUVO White Embossing Powder.  Then I used the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens - Light Carmine, Orange, Pale green, Light Green, Light Blue, and Cobalt Blue to watercolor the flowers and the background.  For the paper I used Strathmore Mixed Media, this is my favorite paper to use when I am stamping and doing watercolor.  The paper is ultra smooth so you get a nice crisp stamped image every time, since it is for mixed media it can handle the water and the paper is 140 lbs so it is a nice heavy paper.


After the watercolor was dry I used a paintbrush with clean water to add the water drops and then blotted them off with a paper towel.  I added a few white flat back pearls to the center or some of the flowers and then scattered a few more on the card.  I used  Ranger - Multi Medium Matte to adhere the pearls, it is a really good and strong liquid adhesive.  For the sentiment I used one of the stamps from the CR-05028 Chrysanthemums Clear Stamps set and stamped in on to pink cardstock.  I stamped it with VersaMark ink and then used more of the Tonic Studios - NUVO White Embossing Powder to heat set the sentiment.  Then I used one of the dies from the DIE-05001 JustRite Snowflake and Tag Dies.  To adhere the tag die cut I added some white twine, wrapped it around the card base a couple of times and tied a bow.


I used Scor-Tape and white craft form to adhere the watercolor piece to the pink cardstock base.

Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you liked the card share!

To see more cards and inspirations from the Design Team don't forget to check out the JustRite Blog and the JustRite Facebook Page.

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi



Supplies:
Stamps:  JustRite Papercraft CR-05029 Floral Silhouettes One Clear Stamps, CR-05028 Chrysanthemums Clear Stamps
Paper:  Strathmore Mixed Media, CS - Pink
Ink/Markers:  VersaMark Ink, Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens - Light Carmine, Orange, Pale green, Light Green, Light Blue, Cobalt Blue
Dies:  DIE-05001 JustRite Snowflake and Tag Dies
Ribbon:  White Twine
Accessories:  Tonic Studios - NUVO White Embossing Powder, Ranger - Multi Medium Matte, White Flat Back Pearls 4 mm, 6 mm, Heat Tool, White Craft Foam, Scor-Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...