Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Hello Gorgeous I Love You Valentine Card

Hello everyone!  Today, is my day to post for The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and I have a CAS (Clean And Simple) Valentine card to share with you.


Here is the card I designed.  I used some of the pretty papers from the My Mind's Eye - Hello Gorgeous paper collection.  Whenever I am using pattern paper I usually pick two or three different patterns--a bold print, a smaller print, and another print that is close to a solid color or a has a very subtle print.


I used white cardstock and Floral Affair die from Spellbinders to die cut the floral heart.  Then, I applied Delicata Golden Glitz ink to the die cut using a sponge.  Next, I added Ranger Super Fine Clear Embossing Powder and used a heat tool to melt the embossing powders.  I repeated adding the ink and embossing powders two more times.  Doing this adds more dimension to the die cut.


Here is a close up.  The added layers from from the embossing powder give the die cut a faux metal look or a chipboard look depending on the color of embossing powder that is used.  To embellish the wreath I added some Melissa Frances White Pearls to the center of several flowers.  I also added small bits of Foam Squares to the back of the wreath for some extra dimension.


For the sentiment I used stamps from the Altenew - Painted Rose clear stamp set.  I used the same  Delicata Golden Glitz and stamped the sentiment on to a piece of  Vellum but I used a different embossing powder.  For the sentiment I used Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder.  You can see the difference in how the gold looks using different embossing powders.  The clear embossing powder show the true color of the Delicata ink which is more of a golden yellow.  I thought that would bring out the yellow in the flowers on the pattern paper.  Also when you are heat embossing on vellum make sure that your heat tool is good and hot before bringing it to the vellum.  Doing this will help to keep the vellum from warping a lot.  I wrapped the vellum around the bottom half of the paper and taped it in the back.  I also added a few more Melissa Frances White Pearls by the sentiment.


Thank you so much for joining me today and I hope you like the Valentine card I shared.  Please be sure to visit The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for all of your paper crafting goodies.  Also check out the Stamp Simply Blog to see more inspiration from the design team.

I hope you have a wonderful day and a fantastic weekend!

Hugs & Smiles,
Heidi


Supplies
Stamps:  Altenew - Painted Rose (sentiment)
Paper:  My Mind's Eye - Hello Gorgeous, Vellum, Cardstock - White
Ink:  Delicata Golden Glitz
Dies:  Spellbinders Floral Affair
Accessories:  Ranger Super Fine Clear Embossing Powder, Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder, Melissa Frances White Pearls,Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L EZ Runner, Therm-O-Web Foam Squares

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...