Friday, December 1, 2017

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Baby It's Cold Outside Christmas Card

Hello everyone and happy December 1st!  Gosh, it just doesn't seem like December at all lol.  The weather has been so beautiful here in southern Minnesota the past few weeks.  Today, I have a fun Christmas card to share with you.


I didn't think about the sentiment on the card until after the card was made.  Kind of funny since it's been unusually warm here lol.  But I know the cold it coming!  Isn't this paper darling?  The collection is from Simple Stories - Winter Wonderland 6 x 6 paper pad.  I love that so many companies have paper collections with sentiments and cutouts.  It makes card creating so quick and easy.  If you are a beginner or have been paper crafting for years I think we can all appreciate being able to whip up some cards easy peasy.


Here is a close up of one of the corner clusters.  For each corner I used a snowflake from the May Arts Satin Jumbo Silver Snowflakes - By the Yard ribbon.  This is a fun ribbon but the snowflakes are also great to cut apart and use as embellishments.  I added a Petaloo Botanica Minis Teal Flower in the center of the snow flake.  Then, I applied Ranger Glossy Accents on the flower and sprinkled on some Ranger Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy for some sparkle.  I love the clear rock candy on flowers!  Next, I added a few sequins.  I used the 5mm Silver Sequins and 5mm Iridescent White.  If you look close at the white sequins even though they are the iridescent ones they appear to be just white.  I wanted to add some white sequins but didn't really want the iridescent look for this card and I noticed these sequins are an opaque white on the backside.  So why not run with that--I flipped them over and glued them down.  They still look great and more bang for your buck--gotta love that!


Here is a close up of the sentiment.  It was hard to get a picture of but this card is filled with tons of shimmer IRL.  I used the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen on the sentiment and all of the floral and leaf images on the pattern paper.


Here is a close up of the bottom part of the card.  You can click on the image to enlarge it and see some of the shimmer.  All the sparkle and shimmer from the Wink of Stella pen never gets old and I especially love it on Christmas cards.


I added some Foam Tape behind the sentiment and then the card front was added to a snow cone A2 top folding card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed today's card share.  If you would like to see more card inspiration I encourage you to check out the Stamp Simply Blog.  
All of the supplies used to create the card are listed and linked below and can be found at 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Heidi



Paper:  Simple Stories - Winter Wonderland 6 x 6 Collection, Cardstock - Snow Cone
Ribbon:  May Arts Satin Jumbo Silver Snowflakes - By the Yard
Accessories:  Petaloo Botanica Minis Teal Flowers, Ranger Glossy Accents, Ranger Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen, 5mm Silver Sequins, 5mm Iridescent White (backside total white), Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L EZ Runner, Foam Tape 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!! I really appreciate it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...